Thread: Battery

Default Battery

I am looking for some advice on a battery for my wife's 2010 Bearcat. It will not take a charge. I am wanting an AGM or gel. What would be best. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by akjeff View Post
    I am looking for some advice on a battery for my wife's 2010 Bearcat. It will not take a charge. I am wanting an AGM or gel. What would be best. Thanks in advance.
    An Odessey, pricey but worth the money especially for cold weather. These are true dry cell batteries that store for long periods without a draw and no worry about freezing. The local Batteries Plus about matched the internet price I got qouted. These batteries ship and many places are offering free shipping, even to Ak. Here is the factory link http://www.odysseybattery.com/powersports.html....

Also did you ever have the ECU checked there was a recall on some of them. Seems it was a dominoes problem, an issue with ECU, ruined alternator, in the end killing the battery. I know someone with the same machine that needed a battery again, 2nd or 3rd I believe, to only find out it was an ECU problem, that killed the alternator/battery.

I've had great luck with the X2 AGM batteries from Batteries Plus. They are about 1 mile up KGB Rd. in Wasilla on the left. Make sure you get a 16 size or take your battery in and compare so you get the right one. They don't list a Bearcat 570 XT on their fitment chart and I know at least one person that got the wrong battery. I'm 99% sure that it takes the same battery as the Z1 Bearcat.

http://www.arcticchat.com/forum/snowmobiles/
    I,m with Dupont, with this i would get it ck, to see why 2010 batt.. went bad. I can get 6-8 yrs out of them, before they go south..
    Maybe dig around this cat form might help...
    http://arctic-cat.com/our_company/no....php?id=011811

check to see if the acid level in your battery is low before you go buy a new one. if its low fill it then try to charge it. if its not low then buy new.

odysey is the best - use them in my harley and my sno-go.