Thread: Ruger service six 357

Default Ruger service six 357

What would a Ruger Service Six in 357 stainless steel be worth? It's used with wood grips.

Quote Originally Posted by alaskanap View Post
    What would a Ruger Service Six in 357 stainless steel be worth? It's used with wood grips.
    I just sold a Blued 4" one in good shape for $425.00, stainless should bring more. There is a big following of the Security Six and prices have been on the rise. Check out gun broker to give you an idea.
    Group For Hunting and Shooting Nagants, Mauser, Surplus Rifles

I was looking at gun broker. Just wanted to see what anyone on here thought. The guy is asking 400.00 for it with a box of shells,

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska View Post
    I was looking at gun broker. Just wanted to see what anyone on here thought. The guy is asking 400.00 for it with a box of shells,
    If you are a member you can sign in and go to the advance tab next to the search and can check items that sold with in the last 45 days. Stainless guns plus being in Alaska guns seem to be higher than the -48.

Check
    http://www.armslist.com/

http://alaskaslist.com/
    Group For Hunting and Shooting Nagants, Mauser, Surplus Rifles

Those older Rugers do seem to have quite a following. While I don't know if the Service Six is worth more than the Security Six, I have purchased two Security Six revolvers in the last 18 months.
    For a 4" Blued it was about $375 shipped up here.
    For a 4" Stainless it was $350 locally.

They are darn nice, stout revolvers.

If the ammo was brand name factory loaded .357, I might try to talk him down a bit, but $400 FTF isn't the worst price in the world.