After this years successful Tier 1 hunt, passing a beautiful cape along to Hunt_Ak, which he so kindly sent me the wrapped canvas print of me and the 'bou in the mountains, I finished up my Antler Mount. This is my first attempt and i think it turned out pretty good.
I carved the wood out of 3/4" cabinet grade plywood using a scroll saw, used a Cherry stain, 3 coats of poly and painted the sides and back satin black. I ordered a antler mount from Van Dyke's and found some black felt at a local craft store. I decided to bypass the braided cord they sell for the kits and braided 550' cord we have at work.