Thread: Goex Ffg

Default Goex Ffg

Hey
    I live in Fairbanks and am looking for a place to by black powder. Goex FFG.
    Tried the Triple 7 and my Lyman trade rifle just doesn't like it as much and the black powder.
    Thanks
    Jason

Default place to buy BP

IF you can use enough to bulk order, Maine Powder House (www.mainepowderhouse.com, I think) has it. But you have to buy 25 cans at a time at $12 a lb, shipping paid. Problem with modern shooters is, they aren't interested in the why of doing it, just want to go the easiest (and more expensive way) so use the crappy pyrodex, etc.. You might check with the Alaska MLer outfit, McKinley Mountain Men. I used to have their e-mail address, but bet it can be googled. Their leader a competitor with the NMLRA (something else you should belong too, if you shoot BP. Like belonging to the NRA, except for BP shooters).

I just tried to google the MLer club, but didn't work. Send an e-mail to allan.g.skinner@poa02.usace.army.mil, and ask him for the address for the club. I'm sure he will have it handly as knows the leader. They might have or be a source for powder.

I just checked and the webb site for Maine Powder house is right. If you can get some other guys to go in with you, is a lot cheaper to go with them than any other way.

Hope this helps. I shoot a percussion myself, and have not tired the 777 yet, and might not, though the cleaning sounds like a point in it's favor.

Default where to get powder

I found the guy's name, who runs McKinley Mtn Men, It's Keith Bayah, and his e-mail is nohorn@gci.net and he should be able to help you.

Jason, You planning on giving that Tok 41" ram some muzzleloaded lead?

Frank

Default Goex powder

Got a note from myfriend in Anchorage, and he had one from Keith Bayah. Keith says there is a guy in two rivers, near Fairbanks, name Thom Swan, who sells BP, so you might want to look him up. Nickname is Swanny...hope this helps.

Default nah Frank

gonna give him some carbon from my Habu Vyperkhan!!!!!

Is there a source in Anchorage or on the Kenai?

Default goex BP

birchwood recreational shooting park usually has it in stock for reasonable price, you may want to call them.