Thread: Sending actions to Lower 48 ....

Default Sending actions to Lower 48 ....

Does anybody know what UPS or Fed EX branch will send rifle actions to Lower 48 ?....the UPS on base (JBER) won't do it, and the girl working there didn't have a clue, she said, some do and some don't, yet she didn't know which, nor did she know there phone numbers off hand.

If receiving party is a FFL, I always use USPS, priority mail, insured with delivery confirmation, never had a problem.

"AND YE SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH SHALL MAKE YOU FREE."

JOHN VIII - XXXII

First thing to remember: you don't tell them it is a rifle part. If you are required by the shipper to declare the contents of the box, you write down: small machine parts. It is a true and correct assessment of what is in the box.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Chuck you building a new rifle?? What smith are you using? Give me a shout before you send it out.

Steve

What Timber Smith said....
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

I agree with Timber Smith & gunbugs, USPS Priority Mail has yet to fail me.
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

Another one for USPS priority plus insurance no questions asked! I tried shipping a glock back to glock at the ups store in Huachuca **** you thought I had a bomb in the box. What was funny the lady working there had an eye patch so she looked like pirate always figured if she got a parrot been pretty cool.

If you want FedEx, take it to the Business Service Center at the airport (Anchorage/Ted Stevens). Legally they must be shipped either to a FFL or a manufacturer. Out of Anchorage, you can only get the 2 day rate, no Ground.

Thanks, already sent....UPS hub near the airport off postmark road and lockheed. No problems at all, coulda did it with UPS or fed Ex either one they are right there.... Gunsmith got the goods already, and he can send it back directly to my house in Wasilla. Thanks again.