Thread: Harding Lake Trifecta 11-24-2011

Default Harding Lake Trifecta 11-24-2011

As promised, our report from Harding Lake. JediMasterSalmonSlayer, AlcanRon and myself hit Harding for the first time this year. The ice is only 8 1/2 inches where we fished. There is minor overflow on the lake and numerous expansion cracks. It was an epic day as all three of us connected on fish. AlcanRon was the first to hook up with a nicely colored char. FWAM!! The Jedi connected next with a nice fat laker. FWAM!! AlcanRon struck again with another char. FWAM!! I brought up the last fish of the day, a nice laker which also was the most colorful. FWAM!! Note the dorsal fin on my laker. There were two other portable ice huts on the lake and two other people close to shore without a ice hut.

The following fish are in the order of which they were caught. Comments good and bad are encouraged.

Last edited by gutleap; 11-25-2011 at 19:10. Reason: mis-spelling

It was a great day out on the lake today! What a way to spend Black Friday!

Congrats fellas, great looking fish!

2011 Harding Lake tally started for me today as well.

Harding - 1
    Me - 0

Still haven't cracked the code yet.

Are you fn kidding me? Nice !

nice catch guys. haha that was me and the wife out without a hut. i got a 30"+ fat pike. after that i figured we were too shallow but she wasnt too keen on venturing out too much further(walking in snow was hurting her knees). Ill be back soon . Was that you guys in the big red hut?

Nice fish, you fellas have em dialed in! Trifecta, huh? So, was that the predicted order of finish??!!

Well no two days are alike went back out today and rolled a doughnut. Marked a few fish and missd my chance. That's how it roles sometimes. Hard luck Harding.

Wow!! Great catching. I have never caught a laker before. Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by akfishcrazy View Post
    nice catch guys. haha that was me and the wife out without a hut. i got a 30"+ fat pike. after that i figured we were too shallow but she wasnt too keen on venturing out too much further(walking in snow was hurting her knees). Ill be back soon . Was that you guys in the big red hut?
    Yes that was us in the big red hut. Although harding does have many pike, it is closed year round to pike fishing. (see the regulations) Everyone that fishes that lake are after the large lake trout and char that are in the lake. The regulations are not clear as to what must be done with a pike that is caught as an incidental catch while fishing for lake trout. Perhaps that would be a good question for the "ask a wildlife trooper."

You three are probably the best fishermen ever

Quote Originally Posted by 8weight View Post
    You three are probably the best fishermen ever
    We were just the best fisherman at Harding Lake this last Friday (not "ever")

Truthfully, we are but 3 mere mortal men that live in an imperfect world. We really love to go fishing and dont mind sharing and doing a little bragging along the way. Some people get it, some dont.

If I was even half the man I used to be (this last friday) I would not have rolled a doughnut at the lake on Sunday...I went form hero too zero in two days. We really arnt all that full of ourselves.

Are you trying to mind melt us?
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Nope, I would say "ever"

Quote Originally Posted by gutleap View Post
    Yes that was us in the big red hut. Although harding does have many pike, it is closed year round to pike fishing. (see the regulations) Everyone that fishes that lake are after the large lake trout and char that are in the lake. The regulations are not clear as to what must be done with a pike that is caught as an incidental catch while fishing for lake trout. Perhaps that would be a good question for the "ask a wildlife trooper."
    yea my intended catch was trout and the pike was definitely "bycatch" . i was using lite trout gear with no leader and smallish jigs and only had it outta the water long enuf to unhook and snap a pic. I know there is no open season and it woulda been obvious to a trooper that i was not after pike however i agree that it is a good question for one, about the legallity of accidental pike. the regs are some times a bit vague.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffpappy View Post
    Nice fish, you fellas have em dialed in! Trifecta, huh? So, was that the predicted order of finish??!!
    Yeah, as far as the first one goes. Ron seems to always catch the first one. After that, it is whoever can outfish Ron for the day is the "go to" guy of the moment. Although no matter who has "Fish On" everyone else reels up and the video cameras start to roll.