Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: High Capacity Rifle Mags in the Bush

Default High Capacity Rifle Mags in the Bush

Hello everyone
    I Hope you all had a nice Thanksgving.

What are the rules for High Capacity Rifle magazines in the Bush?
    It seemed that on a previous thread that they were ok at least
    for Bear Protection. I assume they are not for anything else.

In Florida you don't dare get caught in the field with one for any
    reason. You would have your gun confiscated and face a possible
    fine. We have 5 round capacity Mags for the AR and AK which
    allow you to hunt with these guns legally.

Our small timid Black Bears are not a threat but a wild Hog
    charge is a differant story. You would be lucky to get one
    shot off.

You can carry pretty much anything you want as long as it's not a class III full auto or silenced firearm. If you want to hunt black bears with an AR-15 and a 100 round betamag there is nothing illegal about it. I shot my first moose with an HK91 that had a 20 round mag on it.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    You can carry pretty much anything you want as long as it's not a class III full auto or silenced firearm. If you want to hunt black bears with an AR-15 and a 100 round betamag there is nothing illegal about it. I shot my first moose with an HK91 that had a 20 round mag on it.
    Wow!
    Now you got me thinking about an AR-15 with a Beta Maga and a Slide Fire for
    Bear Protection. Talk about Spray & Pray!

I don't recall seeing anything outlawing a can for hunting as long as you have the stamp for it. The biggest detractor is the added weight for either one. I carry an AR with a 10 round mag and find it to be about the perfect balance.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    I don't recall seeing anything outlawing a can for hunting as long as you have the stamp for it. The biggest detractor is the added weight for either one. I carry an AR with a 10 round mag and find it to be about the perfect balance.
    I was just kidding. Way too much weight and fire power. Best Bear defense is to aviod
    the situation by using your head.

Depends on how much you want to spend? They have the .450 Bushmaster, 50 beowulf, .458 SOCOM, DPMS .308, .308 Night Armament, M1A "M-14", FAL, HK, PSL 7.62X54R.

Quote Originally Posted by wildchild2010 View Post
    Depends on how much you want to spend? They have the .450 Bushmaster, 50 beowulf, .458 SOCOM, DPMS .308, .308 Night Armament, M1A "M-14", FAL, HK, PSL 7.62X54R.
    I know you can get any lead throwing cannon on the market if you have the money.

Once I purchased my property in 20b and wanted to visit it was highly recomended to bring a gun
    as it was a "lots of Bears" area. Wondering what in my arsenal would be the ideal gun I
    thought largest caliber so it was the M-44 7.62x54r. Then I thought how fast can you cycle
    the bolt when a Bear is charging? Then thought my AK with the 5 round mag..........But
    started to imagine my encounter with a wildlife officer wondering what a guy
    from Florida is doing trouncing around out in our woods with an Assault Rifle.

I carry a ak quite often probably the most unless it's moose season. But now since I have located some good soft points I will make a few moose hunts with it also
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Plus ya cant hunt with a FA, but is there a rule that says you cant carry one?

if it's hunting season and you have a harvest ticket and you are wondering around in the woods, I bet they'd write a ticket. One of the mods here knows all about having a fishing pole in hand at a lake and receiving a ticket for no license even though saying they weren't fishing
    Μολών λαβέ

Your post is misleading there IA. One of the mods has a teenaged extended family member that learned that lesson the hard way.

I didn't want to add to much for sake of the mod. Better be a fishing violation than a ffl violation for wa
    Μολών λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by ironartist View Post
    if it's hunting season and you have a harvest ticket and you are wondering around in the woods, I bet they'd write a ticket. One of the mods here knows all about having a fishing pole in hand at a lake and receiving a ticket for no license even though saying they weren't fishing

They can write anything they want, the question remains...what law precludes any free alaskan from wandering around the bush with a subgun if he or she so chooses? Not talking hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by tabmarine View Post
    I know you can get any lead throwing cannon on the market if you have the money.

Once I purchased my property in 20b and wanted to visit it was highly recomended to bring a gun
    as it was a "lots of Bears" area. Wondering what in my arsenal would be the ideal gun I
    thought largest caliber so it was the M-44 7.62x54r. Then I thought how fast can you cycle
    the bolt when a Bear is charging? Then thought my AK with the 5 round mag..........But
    started to imagine my encounter with a wildlife officer wondering what a guy
    from Florida is doing trouncing around out in our woods with an Assault Rifle.
    Tha 7.62x54r is a mighty fine round.

You need and education on ethe weapons terms. "Assault Rifle"

An assault rifle is a selective fire (selectable between semi-auto and fully automatic)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_rifle

No I don't!
    Any rifle that can fire 30 defastating rounds as quick as you can pull the trigger is most
    definetly and Assault Rifle

No I don't!
    Any rifle that can fire 30 defastating rounds as quick as you can pull the trigger is most
    So is a baseball bat, a pen can be an assualt weapon.
    I guess they should ban any weapon with a 30rd mag then as the are illegal in your book.

Quote Originally Posted by wildchild2010 View Post
    So is a baseball bat, a pen can be an assualt weapon.
    I guess they should ban any weapon with a 30rd mag then as the are illegal in your book.
    Remember he's from Florida! Lower 48 folks seem to be as brainwashed as Canadians in many places (including Washington state where i'm from! ). Better to not try and confuse "experts" with facts and logic...

No I don't!
    You are probably better off staying put where you're at. You don't want to come up to our free republic. It's too dangerous.
    Now what ?

I havent seen anything as to a suppressor being illegal for hunting or trapping. Not calling BS I would just like to know where you got the info so I dont end up going to the "pokey" for my can and predator calling. thanks
    RLTW
    HUNT HARD HUNT SAFE
    WILL

There are no rules against a silenced firearms.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast