Thread: Fishing with my kids

Default Fishing with my kids

Hello All,

I am new to this forum. Me and my kids are looking forward to fishing in Alaska but we need some advice / recommendations. We plan to go at end of June or early July for 3-4 days of fishing. We are looking for Halibut and Salmon fishing, and would be also interested in freshwater/river fishing for one day. It will be the first timing fishing in Alaska for my younger son (10 years old). Would appreciate any advice / recommendation you may have.

Thanks!

Zingman

Quote Originally Posted by rzinger View Post
    Hello All,

I am new to this forum. Me and my kids are looking forward to fishing in Alaska but we need some advice / recommendations. We plan to go at end of June or early July for 3-4 days of fishing. We are looking for Halibut and Salmon fishing, and would be also interested in freshwater/river fishing for one day. It will be the first timing fishing in Alaska for my younger son (10 years old). Would appreciate any advice / recommendation you may have.

Thanks!

Zingman
    So are you looking for WHO to fish with, or the best way to go about doing it yourself?
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

Where are you going to be in Alaska? Kenai Peninsula? Valdez? Kodiak? Juneau?

I'd head to Sitka that time of year. Pretty much peak for saltwater king fishing and a decent time to go for 'butts. You could probably find some decent river fishing off the road system, but that's a secondary objection according to you.

I say this because you have a short visit timeframe and you have direct jet access to Sitka. You don't have to spend a 1/2 day driving out of, and back to Los Anchorage.