Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Big brother rules

Default Big brother rules

Back in the USSR-- To many folks with too much power in charge - Its been fun, but this forum is history to me and my sincere opinions--
    Goo

Are you relating to the USA, or Outdoor Forum?

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

I will always be in in ALASKA or AUSTRALIA---- Just refuse to be shut down by people with less experience and time in the field as I have had over the last 30 years.
    Thanks for asking,
    sincerely-
    Goo

Goo, I assume that this relates to me locking down the new thread you posted in response to the AK47 vs bear thread getting nuked. If that is the case it had nothing to do with you or your post content. When a thread gets out of hand and is locked down it defeats the purpose for the mod staff to just stand by and watch a new thread opened up to continue the argument. I appreciate that wasn't your purpose but it served the same end.

why do people have to slam others in a post weather for their thoughts, idea's or heck spelling for that matter thats what makes threads either get locked, deleted or the poster threatened to be banned
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

If people want me to spend the time and answer a question, they can take the time to write like they've had an education, not like a three year old pecking out something just above gibberish. I do not normally tell them that, I just ignore their post.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Quote Originally Posted by Nitroman View Post
    If people want me to spend the time and answer a question, they can take the time to write like they've had an education, not like a three year old pecking out something just above gibberish. I do not normally tell them that, I just ignore their post.
    Let me interpret this post....
    You better have good grammar if you want me to respond to your post because I am a self righteous SOB....

I didn't know it took an "Education" to read, interpret and respond to a post. Strange, I have an "Education" and still find myself asking my friend who dropped out of 8th grade when I have a question about anything to do with most things in this state.
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

I really think nitro was talking about the posts that are written in txt talk.

Ma bdy n I r tryn 2 kil a moose dis yr cn u tel me whr 2 fin 1?

LOL, I can feel his pain on that!
    We had better get used to it, the "smart" phones may replace computers for a lot of people but I can't see the keyboard getting much bigger. Maybe it will hold off until people evolve to have really skinny fingers....
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

believe me lujon I do the best I can with the lack of education I have and still get slammed quite often by the grammer/spelling nazi's.
    Μολών λαβέ

A man that spells words only one way shows lack of imagination.On forums I feel like I'm talking not writing a book
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Yeah, I think more threads get locked than actual threads that get started around here.

Must be winter , Happy Holidays to all!!!
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

as soon as someone stands up for themselves threads get locked and infractions get handed out
    Μολών λαβέ

I've been chewed out for punctuation I did not realise some cannot breath without a period I think occupy forum is looming

I have never locked a thread for poor grammar.

I gotta go cut up deer meat. A few hundred lbs need dealt with. Anyways, the suspense, though, is going to kill me in regards to if this thread will be still available to post in until I get back.

It generally helps to speak kindly and not drag the discussion into name calling. Also I have found it a good idea to look at the original post and "try" to limit the answer or opinion to that post, and not someone elses reply to the question or opinion. Also, try to read your post through before you hit the SUBMIT REPLY icon, and see if you have given too much information, or not enough, or if you may have drifted off the OP's question/opinion. If you disagree with what someone has said, sometimes a simple "I disagree" will do, or perhaps keep the angry, demeaning comments out of it. Just my opinion, after all.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Quote Originally Posted by gunbugs View Post
    It generally helps to speak kindly and not drag the discussion into name calling. Also I have found it a good idea to look at the original post and "try" to limit the answer or opinion to that post, and not someone elses reply to the question or opinion. Also, try to read your post through before you hit the SUBMIT REPLY icon, and see if you have given too much information, or not enough, or if you may have drifted off the OP's question/opinion. If you disagree with what someone has said, sometimes a simple "I disagree" will do, or perhaps keep the angry, demeaning comments out of it. Just my opinion, after all.
    Perfect advice.

In this case, the OP seems to be bidding this forum adieu, secondary to becoming upset by the action of a Moderator. I'm not sure what that has to do with the former USSR, but I'm sorry the OP is upset. It seems he is opposed to participating in a forum with rules of decorum. I encourage him to start his own web forum, one without rules or Moderators. If that proves a success, I would be delighted to join up.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast