Thread: Designated "WINTER" Firearms.........?

Default Designated "WINTER" Firearms.........?

Most Alaskans have designated.....Bear defense firearms and their serious hunting firearms. Too what extent (not counting trapping) do you have designated winter firearms.......???

My winter firearms have a extremely short LOP to compensate for thick winter clothing. I have a lot of predators in the yard, and as most shots are sub 100 yards, I have a short LOP .22 LR with a 28" barrel (CZ-LUX). For walking along the beach or 6-mile creek in the winter I have just mated my best AR-15 lower to a 24" upper, with a 4X to 12X Leupold. I like the 10 round magazines for walk'about.

So what is your snow machine or winter firearm..........?????

My old 22mag Ruger and H&R Classic in 454
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

.20 ga shotgun or .223 Savage.

I wouldn't say I have a single designated winter firearm, but the two that I seem to take out more often than not are my Rossi .22/.410 combo (due to its packability) and my .223 for predators.

I tend to carry my Benelli M2 in the winter, not dedicated winter gun but as close I can get to one. I shoot birdshot mostly for birds and bunnies and usually carry some "Dead Coyote" or buckshot for predators called in. I almost never tote it during summer or fall.

On the snowgo is My M-39 and Romy 69 .22LR, or a 12 gauge, the same three guns I carry and boat around with, same same.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....