Thread: ?? Ak question

Default ?? Ak question

What in the world went "rabid" on this post? Of course you can do in a brown bear with the right shot placement with a 7.62x39. I worked in the Khabarovsk -Ussuri "PROJECT TIGER" back in the early 90's. We were trained with the 54's but ended up mostly with the AK's. In the Russian far-east, it is thick and things happen quick. Have seen one shot kills on USSURI TIGERS, and Russians bear, both black and fish-eating brown, only because they had become "people eaters" due to lack of pigs, wolves, and red stag. Of course not my cal. of choice but you make the best of what you have to work with. That said I did loose a close yutage friend to a brown bear, which I had seen the day before, to a bad shot with a 7.62x39. I am sure a .458 would have made a difference. This is my choice for BIG fish eating bear, which I used with the old 600 gr. Barnes on Ak. pen. When I worked in the arctic I loved the old 220 gr. in my .30-338. Anyway it always comes down to where you shoot the beast.
    Have killed bear with .22-250, 25-06, .284. , 300 mag, and .458 Personally I do my best to never have to shoot another one--- unless it comes down to it. I carry a SAIGA 12 in my raft and a 36 GLOCK- 45-APC in my pocket.
    Hope I have to never use ether one again.
    My advise is pay mind to what is around you and give them their due-space. A good read is "THE TIGER"-- same guys I worked with back then.
    Goo

Well, I'm not sure why it was locked but the OP said he had an AK-47 which is a full auto weapon and probably would work pretty good. Apparently he actually has an AK-47S which is the semi auto version. I'm sure this helped heat things up but I don't know who closed it or why. I don't think I would want to try the AK-47S either as the round is just too small to do more than hope for a lucky hit unless, as with the AK-47, you can put many rounds on target in a very shot time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by rbuck351 View Post
    Well, I'm not sure why it was locked but the OP said he had an AK-47 which is a full auto weapon and probably would work pretty good. Apparently he actually has an AK-47S which is the semi auto version. I'm sure this helped heat things up but I don't know who closed it or why. I don't think I would want to try the AK-47S either as the round is just too small to do more than hope for a lucky hit unless, as with the AK-47, you can put many rounds on target in a very shot time frame.
    Just to clear things up I never said I had an "AK-47 which is a full auto weapon" in any posts, many people just assumed it because it was an AK. I appreciate you stating it was an semi-auto rifle in you post. I think some took the semi-auto as full-auto they are 2 different guns and one costs $800.00 and the other one costs $12,000 with a class 3 license. $12,000 for a bear defense gun is just ahh little nuts and illegal to hunt with.

Thats all.

Reading the last three pages it appeared to me that the conversation degenerated into a urinary trajectory contest and no further useful information was being posted. As such the mods closed it.
    Now what ?

Quote Originally Posted by stevelyn View Post
    Reading the last three pages it appeared to me that the conversation degenerated into a urinary trajectory contest and no further useful information was being posted. As such the mods closed it.
    This pretty much sums it up. Rather than rehash it all again I am going to go ahead and shut this one down as well.