Thread: Help taking off Polaris FST Classic side panel for access to battery

Default Help taking off Polaris FST Classic side panel for access to battery

I am having one heck of time trying to the side panel off my 2006 FST Classic for access to my battery. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe post over here..might be some guys over there, that the know how for that...
    http://www.polarisfiles.com/forum/in...showtopic=3154

That is an IQ chassis if I'm not mistaken. Is the battery on the left side of the sled like the IQ RMK's? If so here is how you get to it.
    1. Lift the hood
    2. Using a phillips screwdriver remove the black screw the holds the side panel in place. The screw is located on the outside corner near where your left knee would be while riding.
    3. The side panel can now be removed by lifting and then swinging it out away from the engine. There are two tabs on the bottom that you lift out and two tabs on the front that will allow the panel to swing out. You can pull the panel out to remove it from the sled.
    4. You should now be able to see the battery mounted to the side of the sled between the two clutches.

Quote Originally Posted by MORSNO View Post
    That is an IQ chassis if I'm not mistaken. Is the battery on the left side of the sled like the IQ RMK's? If so here is how you get to it.
    1. Lift the hood
    2. Using a phillips screwdriver remove the black screw the holds the side panel in place. The screw is located on the outside corner near where your left knee would be while riding.
    3. The side panel can now be removed by lifting and then swinging it out away from the engine. There are two tabs on the bottom that you lift out and two tabs on the front that will allow the panel to swing out. You can pull the panel out to remove it from the sled.
    4. You should now be able to see the battery mounted to the side of the sled between the two clutches.
    Thanks a million. I will try that tomorrow afterwork and let you know. I didn't notice a screw before but will look for one now.

Well, I checked and it does not have a screw. So I called Sea Marita service department and they tell me that it just lifts up and out. Tried that about a 10 times and did does not want to come out. I don't have the magic touch.