Thread: Questions on filing out hunt reports and applying for tags.

Default Questions on filing out hunt reports and applying for tags.

Do I have to fill out my black bear hunt report before I apply for drawing hunts?

Do I need to kep my moose harvest ticket because I applied for the "hot spot" moose hunt? i already filled out my hunt report but i didn't know if I should keep my tag or not.
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

no to the first, those tags are god through next spring, and i suspect yes to the second but i'm not that familiar with the hunt.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

You do not need to fill out your black bear report yet if you intend to use it in the spring.

As for your moose tag if you already submitted your hunt report then your tag is not valid. I'm not sure how the hot spot hunt works, but I'm assuming you either use something other than a harvest ticket or that they can issue you a new one.

I am 15 now, when I am applying for tags, but I'll be 16 when they come out, will that create a problem when it come time for the drawing?
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

You'll need a hunting license next year, so to be on the safe side you should probably go ahead and purchase the 2012 license at the same time you apply for tags. If you purchase the license first it will put "PURCHASED" in the line where you enter your hunting license #.

one more question. dad wants to apply as a party application for caribou tags (we did last year, it was great 1 on 1 time with dad) but he doesn't want to apply for any other tags, such as the big lake and point makinze antlerless tags. can I fill out the caribou as a party and moose as a singular, or do I have to do moose and caribou together and not do the party application.

Quote Originally Posted by FurFishGame View Post
    one more question. dad wants to apply as a party application for caribou tags (we did last year, it was great 1 on 1 time with dad) but he doesn't want to apply for any other tags, such as the big lake and point makinze antlerless tags. can I fill out the caribou as a party and moose as a singular, or do I have to do moose and caribou together and not do the party application.
    I could do them separate, For anybody else wondering

Quote Originally Posted by FurFishGame View Post
    I could do them separate, For anybody else wondering
    Yes, you just have to remember that you are still limited to applying for only three total of any one species. For example, you could apply for a one party hunt for moose, then two other hunts solo or two party hunts and one solo. I don't know if the online entry system will catch this when you apply or not.

Look at the date on the tags/report, it has the date that it is due. Drawing and registration tags have to be in with in the 15 days of the animal or expiration date. This date will depend on the tag. Harvest tickets are through the year. Do not spend your money if you missed the date on the tags.