Thread: I would like a ride

Default I would like a ride

I was wondering if anyone on skiis would be interested in a joy ride 5 miles North of Alexander Lake, I can help with expenses. I am located at Rustic Wilderness airstrip. I can go any time. I know some pilots like to just fly for something to do. Thanks
    JOHN

Never mind, I figure it was to much to ask.
    JOHN

The internet is not always the best place to ask. Never know what you're going to get....
    -Out-of-State for school, remembering why I love Alaska so much

Quote Originally Posted by alaskadrifter View Post
    The internet is not always the best place to ask. Never know what you're going to get....
    I don't know what that means.
    JOHN

It means that you can get the worlds worst pilot, and he/she might kill you on your flight.

Quote Originally Posted by KLK View Post
    It means that you can get the worlds worst pilot, and he/she might kill you on your flight.
    Also, not knowing akdrifter, he could be a pilot and is saying, as a pilot, you never know who you are giving a ride to. Here's a some info, I am 64 years old and been in Alaska 64 years and probably have more hours as a passenger than many pilots here. Meaning, I know what questions to ask. But, even the best pilots have their moments.
    JOHN

Quote Originally Posted by KLK View Post
    Moreover, How does the pilot know your not a nut wanting to commit suicide?

A killer wanting to do his craft?

A criminal wanting to hijack a plane and get away to some remote spot.

BS'ing on line is one thing, teaming up for flights can be dangerous. Usually a pilot goes with folk he has flown with or known a long time. Not just a spur of the moment thing.

Just another take on it. No personal comment or harm meant.

RR

wow, this seems like a different group of guys than the ones earlier this year that helped get the two younger guys out for a joy ride. You boys may wanna get your foil hats out and keep a close eye out the window for black choppers!
    Just a thought, if the guy was looking for someone to kill, you really think he would post it up on the forum and give the cops that easy of a lead? Ya'll been watching WAY too much CSI for your own good.

John, if I was in town I would take you for a joy ride, but I will be outta town for awhile.

Didn't mean to stir the pot. It seams most people here are rather friendly, and the more they know about a person the more likely they are to held a guy out.
    -Out-of-State for school, remembering why I love Alaska so much

Quote Originally Posted by avidflyer View Post
    wow, this seems like a different group of guys than the ones earlier this year that helped get the two younger guys out for a joy ride. You boys may wanna get your foil hats out and keep a close eye out the window for black choppers!
    Just a thought, if the guy was looking for someone to kill, you really think he would post it up on the forum and give the cops that easy of a lead? Ya'll been watching WAY too much CSI for your own good.

John, if I was in town I would take you for a joy ride, but I will be outta town for awhile.

Thanks avid, I sure wouldn't put a link to my blog on here either. Not to mention my thread,
    Bushdwellers Vanishing with over 300 replies. I have flown with some of THE best pilots in
    Alaska, not to mention some who are legends. Yeah, I'm a threat alright. Besides, many pilots today are different from the old days. No offense meant guys.
    JOHN