Thread: Propane Lights

Default Propane Lights

Does anyone have experience with Falk propane lights vs. the Mr. Heater lights?

Never seen either one. Everyone I know uses Humphrey gas lights. Suburban Propane sells them. I used them myself for almost 20 years. Never a problem.

I think that I saw someplace that the Mr. Heater lights were made by Humphrey but could be wrong. I have 10 of the Humphrey's and have never had any problems some are close to 20 years old .

Humphreys were gone for a while and now Mr. Heater appears to be making them. When Humphrey went away myself and Suburban started selling Falks gas lights made by Galaxy. I don't know how good the Mr. Heater ones are.

I have 5 of the mr.heater lights and they work fine.I think they are chinese copies of the falks.

I have 6 or 7 Humphrey lights that I took down a few years ago and will never use again if somebody wants them. Some look newer than others. Gas lights that get used tend to shed a little of their paint but it doesn't affect their function. I have all the glass but the mantles will obviously need to be replaced.

I have some Humphrey lights that I have been using for about 15 years. for the most part they work fine. I have one that seems to put out a light that is a little more yellow in color and also seems to flicker a little. I have tried cleaning it but it did not seem to make any difference. Has anyone else experienced anything like this and what is the solution? Is it just replacing the light with a a new one?
    Thanks

I'd look at the supply line. That's more likely to be the problem than the light itself. Especially if the line is shared.

You might try taking the light loose and make sure that the orifice is clear and also that there is nothing like spider webs in the back in the area where it is pullin in air. If your light is yellow it sounds like a fuel to air problem. Good luck

I had falk lights as back ups to electric lights. They let you get by but the light was real yellow. We still have one in the bath house just in case. House is on batteries and inverter now, so we are pulling ours out. I have a couple to dispose of also.

in the state seperated from the lower 48 by Canada

Sent an e-mail. Am starting a cabin and am interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pid View Post
    I have 6 or 7 Humphrey lights that I took down a few years ago and will never use again if somebody wants them. Some look newer than others. Gas lights that get used tend to shed a little of their paint but it doesn't affect their function. I have all the glass but the mantles will obviously need to be replaced.

in the state seperated from the lower 48 by Canada

Interested!!
    pm me please.

Quote Originally Posted by millersreach View Post
    I had falk lights as back ups to electric lights. They let you get by but the light was real yellow. We still have one in the bath house just in case. House is on batteries and inverter now, so we are pulling ours out. I have a couple to dispose of also.

Mr Heater bought Humphries company..... Still good quality just rebranded. I installed 7 this fall and live them. Make sure your supply opine and regulator and properly sized if sharing with a stove or range.