Thread: As I was writing this post

Default As I was writing this post

Heres a picture of my nephew and his first Deer, Im assuming a Sitka Blacktail, as thats where he lives.

So, as this tital indicates,'Aas I was writing this post', he Facebook'd the oldest daughter that he had, indeed, placed the shot on a second one, another Bang-down neckshot.

That is an M-39 he used with FMJ Russian 1988 Production. He bought that recently, but before that he'd hadLots of practise shooting and careing for an M-44 Mosin I gave him sometime back. The M-39 is a major step up from the harsh little carbine and the M-39 is a pleasure to shoot he tells me, and I agree .......shuks... his interest has taken off in an awsome way, but I guess its in the blood.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Thumbs up Nice

Nice. Send him a link to the forum, would like to hear of his stories and adventures and guns.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

do you do anything to your mosins or leave them stock?
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

But I like my M-44,any body can shoot a 39
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

The M-44 is a great carbine, so I figured if I was gonna have a kid start with a gun, his skinny butt would appreciate anything after the M-44. Well, sure as hes my brothers son, he mastered the thing, kept it spotless and the bore shiny, though he was given it used but great bore, now its no different.
    He took the bayonet off, but chopped nothing, and since he now has an M-39, the bayonet went back on for inhouse Cool factor.He has lost no collector nor $$ valueby not chopping an 100$ M-44 into a 50$ sporter, and yet he shot it silly. Then he bought hisself an M-39 ....guess hes going for a collection along the line.....

I told him as I tell you; The M-39 a Riflemans rifle.

I leave mine "as issued" and enjoy the utility and history, but mostly the accuracy these rifle are capable of. For 300$ a nearly new one can be fairly easily had. Sometimes I find cheap ones, (when Im lucky)even when they have "Frosted" or "Dark" bores, I clean em up and shoot em, and 9 outta 10 are stioll hitting where the rifleman aims them.

The only thing missing is a buttrap for a pull through cleaning kit. The pistol grip wooden stock as balance and a feel that is easy to swing and its weight makes for solid control, holding steady is easy, the sights are perfect with the 6'oclock hold , the sling points make for a comfortable carry, the ammo is affordable and is now in a wide variety. The cleaning rod with out a brush will clear out snow, with a brush will brush the bore, swab the chamber, and keep you with a happy barrel while using corrosively primed Milsurp ammo.
    The wooden stock makes for a great balance, and in deep cold, wood will not stick to your hands like plastic, and composite stocks will, as well you can fix most wood problems and even shave dry fire starter from you stock.You can also easily get replacement parts, easily and cheaply. I figure , if he can pack a 9 lb rifle and it performs on the first shot, every time, then its not too heavy.
    Squared my shoulders up over the summer ~~LOL!!~~
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Nice family traditions you are have started always heard great things ab out Mosins and it looks and sounds like they are all true.

**** maybe I should of got that mosin-nagant that was made by savage. My buddy had it.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Nice family traditions you are have started always heard great things ab out Mosins and it looks and sounds like they are all true.
    So how Many you buying???

Congrats to the young hunter!
    I am afraid if'n I met him in the woods packin that 39 I would be worried he was a scout for a Rusky force a sneak'n up on us Americano's!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Many say the Russians treated them better
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Shoot Stranger,.... you are the Ultimate Realist,

Shaving firestarter off your rifle stock,....
    I'd probably go to bed cold (as in, die trying something else)
    before I could do that,
    it seems anyway, sittin' here next to my stove

good planning tho

your style is good

Pretty Cool, also, the younger ones around you,
    following into the wild life,....
    and keeping the barrels clean too
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Many say the Russians treated them better
    Yup, them Kiksadi were so happy when the Ruskies ran them off Baranof Island after the battle of Sitka!