Thread: Stuck Case

Default Stuck Case

Been loading for over 35 years and got my first case stuck tonight. Usually load Winchester brass but was loading Remington brass tonight for the 270 Win. Also was using Hornady One Shot for lube. Have used this a couple times before and it worked ok. Probally got in to big of a hurry. Will have to make a trip to town tomorrow to get a stuck case remover before i can do any more.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Cast Iron View Post
    Been loading for over 35 years and got my first case stuck tonight. Usually load Winchester brass but was loading Remington brass tonight for the 270 Win. Also was using Hornady One Shot for lube. Have used this a couple times before and it worked ok. Probally got in to big of a hurry. Will have to make a trip to town tomorrow to get a stuck case remover before i can do any more.
    Good Plan there, Cast Iron:

I've had to use my RCBS Stuck Case Remover several times.

I always tell folks to make REEL sure there is lube in the base of the case. That's what caused cases to stick.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

I use a drill, tap, small bolt, washer, and a socket of the right size. Drill a small hole in the primer hole area of the brass, tap it to match you small bolt; run the bolt through the washer and socket into the hole and tighten the bolt a couple of turns. Works just as well and will keep a little $ in your pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardC View Post
    I use a drill, tap, small bolt, washer, and a socket of the right size. Drill a small hole in the primer hole area of the brass, tap it to match you small bolt; run the bolt through the washer and socket into the hole and tighten the bolt a couple of turns. Works just as well and will keep a little $ in your pocket.
    Yup, I use a 1/4X20 grade 8. Works the same as the kit and I have all the stuff around here anyway. But if a guy doesn’t have use for this kind of tools so they aren’t available around the house already he may as well buy the kit to keep with his reloading gear. Kit price is not much more than all the parts if you don‘t already have most of them, just a single tap is like 10-20 bucks these days.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

LeonardC has it right; it is what I did. If you do it right, you won't have to buy a new expander button. Best wishes. J.

I pulled the head off a 7 Mag case once in a sizing die. That was a little more difficult to get out.

Quote Originally Posted by rbuck351 View Post
    I pulled the head off a 7 Mag case once in a sizing die. That was a little more difficult to get out.
    Yea I‘ve done that too making 06 brass into 7.7 Jap, took a very long time to get it out of my hard to find 7.7 Jap die!
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona