Thread: Little Su Figure 8 Ice????

Default Little Su Figure 8 Ice????

Has anyone crossed the Little Su yet on their sled/quad going out to Figure 8 lake? I plan on fishing pike out at Figure 8, on Thanksgiving, but havent gone this early before. So I want to know if its safe to cross the Lil' Su on a quad. I have been thinking with the temps we have been having this past week, it should help speed things up a bit.

How much snow is on the trail going to Figure 8? Is the ice thick enough on the lake itself to cross/quad on it? I would love to hear 6+ inches.
    Hate America??....then get the Hell Out!!!

Ok, I see a lot of people have been looking at my post, but no answer Well, looks like I will be the one to answer it myself very EARLY Thursday morning. From the lakes around the area that fisherman have so far reported in the threads, it seems there will be enough ice to do the trip.

My buddy and I are doing an over nighter out on Figure Eight. The weather forecast looks to be clear, so that means cold nights and beautiful sky, but we are prepared for it.

I love this lake, even though its a long ride out there, well worth it.

I'll do a report on ice coniditions, fish activity, etc, sometime late Friday night or sometime Saturday.

Everyone be safe this weekend if your going out and happy Thanksgiving!!!
    Hate America??....then get the Hell Out!!!

Be careful. I think you'll have enough ice but I'd still take it easy and drill some test holes.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Good luck and be safe!!!!! Watch the over flow.
    I'm Pro-Pike.

I have heard that folks are going out there. I would watch the little creek that you ride on just as you come out on the lake. Last spring it all collapsed under a buddy and there was still 3 feet of ice on the lake. Just a dangerous spot.

Be very careful. Not sure about ice conditions on the lower river where you're going but there's still some open water on the middle so my guess the ice is very thin. Even saw a guy pull some nice fish out of one of the leads.