Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unit 13 Bou

Angry Unit 13 Bou

Well I guess because I make 53k a year, my application for Nelchina will be rated as a zero (0)! I am being discriminated against because of the amount of money I make!

What a crock! When are they going to stop jerking (I am being nice) around with tier II? Does anyone see a lawsuit on the horizon?

When is the State of Alaska going to start managing fish and game in accordance with out State Constitution and tell the Feds and others to kiss our ????. This is OUR state and we will manage it as we see fit.

Did you know Alaska is dead last when it comes to the amount of game it produces in comparison to other states?

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

Yes, its too bad...Alaska could have a great revenue source but good old fish and game doesn't want this to be a hunter friendly state...they would rather us pet the bears and dance with the wolves. I am waiting to see a 'class action lawsuit' on the tier 2 issue...if anyone starts one make sure you post it here on the forums.

ok so the choices for subsistence hunts are the following: Give permits based on zip code

or

Give permits based on need

which is your choice?
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

And the Feds are already providing zip-code based tags in GMU 13 for moose and caribou.

i say give the tags out where the animals are, or by location, or go draw. only way to get people to quit whinning about one caribou....at least the sheep in 14a and 13d went to draw rather than teir II right?? lol
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    ok so the choices for subsistence hunts are the following: Give permits based on zip code

or

Give permits based on need

which is your choice?
    Neither.

Let the feds play their subsistence games and let the state manage Nelchina caribou with a general drawing hunt.

The feds have already forced dual management on the state. That was likely their goal all along. Let them spend their money and resources managing it.

I don't understand why the nelchina herd is managed for subsistence but it is why not put in a proposal to the next BOG meeting to make it a draw hunt? Untill then unit 13 cariboo is a subsictence hunt and thats that, so what is your choice? The federal system or the state system? I'd go with the federal system because by embracing that our state would get control of our fish and game and end hunts and fisheries far from the rural communities that they are for (see kenai and ninilchik)

I don't understand why the nelchina herd is managed for subsistence but it is why not put in a proposal to the next BOG meeting to make it a draw hunt? Untill then unit 13 cariboo is a subsictence hunt and thats that, so what is your choice? The federal system or the state system? I'd go with the federal system because by embracing that our state would get control of our fish and game and end hunts and fisheries far from the rural communities that they are for (see kenai and ninilchik)
    I agree, a proposal needs to be put in. The state doesn't need to cowtow to subsistence anymore; we are stuck with dual management. I don't like the federal system though. I'd rather have Ted and Lisa work on amending ANILCA than comply with the federal management system to get state control back.

Tim

Mark

....Untill then unit 13 cariboo is a subsictence hunt and thats that, so what is your choice? The federal system or the state system?
    ANICLCA mandated a subsistence priority for rural residents. No mention of income or wealth was part of it.

That's how the feds manage federal subsistence hunts, too. It's based on where you live.

The state Supreme Court ruled in McDowell that all state residents qualify for subsistence. In other subsistence hunts (for example, the Koyukuk subsistence moose hunts) no qualifying of any kind is required. One simply stops at Ella's Cabin and requests a permit.

Why is the Nelchina caribou herd managed for subsistence so differently than other Tier II or state subsistence hunts?

I'd go with the federal system because by embracing that our state would get control of our fish and game and end hunts and fisheries far from the rural communities that they are for (see kenai and ninilchik)
    ANILCA was all about locking up lands and maintaining control over lands. We will never get sole wildlife management powers back from the feds.

Never.

Default Zip Code

Zip Code should not matter. I know one person who has a home in one town, a camp in a subsistance area and is building another home. So the mail is deliverd to the town nearest the camp and he is now a subsistance user?

There has to be a better way. How about a personal interview at your home for people on the road system. Then they can see if you qualify to hunt in the subsistance hunts.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Quote Originally Posted by tccak71 View Post
    I agree, a proposal needs to be put in. The state doesn't need to cowtow to subsistence anymore; we are stuck with dual management. I don't like the federal system though. I'd rather have Ted and Lisa work on amending ANILCA than comply with the federal management system to get state control back.

Tim
    that won't ever happen, ever

Default Welfare

AkBassking- all you have to do is set on your ***** at home and collect welfare if you really want on of these permits.

Quote Originally Posted by 4whlr View Post
    AkBassking- all you have to do is set on your ***** at home and collect welfare if you really want on of these permits.
    I was complaining to by boss today about it and she offered to lower my pay so I could qualify.

I think it should just be an open hunt for residents, with a check in required. Limit it to only two permits per household and when the limit is reached shut the hunt down!

I also still believe we should run the Feds out of Alaska and tell them to kiss our *****. By force if need be!

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

Default Proposel

A proposel to make it a drawing was put in. Before their meetings the put out a list of proposels on the F&G website. The topic was open for public testimony. I guess nobody got the memo, much less went. These meetings are open to the public.

There will be no lawsuit because nobody is going to do anything about it.

Default Proposal

Sorry for the grammer. The proposal was #82 if anyone is curious. Look under board of game on the f&g site.

Default from mcdowell vs. state 1989

The only justification for a law regulating and restricting the common right of individuals to take wild game and fish is the necessity for protecting the same from extinction, and thus to preserve and perpetuate to the individual members of the community the inalienable rights which they have had from time immemorial. While the state, holding the title to game and fish, so to speak, in trust for every individual member of the community, may pass laws to regulate the rights of each individual in the manner of taking and using the common property, yet, as we have already stated, this must be done, under the Constitution, upon the same terms to all the people. No special privileges or immunities can be conferred.
    Where the necessity for the preservation of the wild game and fish exists in certain territories of the state, that territory may be segregated for the purpose of regulating the right to taking game and fish therein; but the privilege of taking and using same must be extended to the people of the state outside of the territory upon the same terms that are given to those who are residents of the territory embraced in the legislation

Quote Originally Posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    Zip Code should not matter.[...]
    There has to be a better way. How about a personal interview at your home for people on the road system. Then they can see if you qualify to hunt in the subsistance hunts.
    That wont work...I know of many people that live off the road system that make much more money than you would expect...all and all the people I know who live remote don't necessarly hunt for 'subsistance'.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by sh View Post
    .........Where the necessity for the preservation of the wild game and fish exists in certain territories of the state, that territory may be segregated for the purpose of regulating the right to taking game and fish therein; but the privilege of taking and using same must be extended to the people of the state outside of the territory upon the same terms that are given to those who are residents of the territory embraced in the legislation
    That's the way it should be. That isn't how it's written. The key paragraphs in the Alaska Constitution are concurrent Arcticle VIII, Sections 3 and then 4:

..... 3. Common Use

Wherever occurring in their natural state, fish, wildlife, and waters are reserved to the people for common use.

4. Sustained Yield

Fish, forests, wildlife, grasslands, and all other replenishable resources belonging to the State shall be utilized, developed, and maintained on the sustained yield principle, subject to preferences among beneficial uses.......
    Preferences. That one word gives them wide latitude to decide who is "preferred", and for what reason.

With the Feds, it's your zip code. With the state now (at least with Nelchina caribou) it's line 37 on your Form 1040.

Default sooo.....

am i reading that section 4 and mcdowell 89 are in conflict? obviously anilca is in conflict with it's glaring discriminatory language.

Default Did Anyone go to the Meeting?

Not my ballgame, but just curious...

A proposel to make it a drawing was put in. Before their meetings the put out a list of proposels on the F&G website. The topic was open for public testimony. I guess nobody got the memo, much less went. These meetings are open to the public.

Some good ideas and thoughts in this thread; did anyone go to the meeting?

Michael

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast