Thread: finger lake

Default finger lake

12 inches of ice lots of action good times how much ice to drive on there was a kid cutting donuts and didnt go through

Those are some nice looking fat rainbows. You have more ice down there than we do up here in the interior. What were the temps?

Quote Originally Posted by gutleap View Post
    Those are some nice looking fat rainbows. You have more ice down there than we do up here in the interior. What were the temps?
    a guy came out to see how thick the ice was and said it was ned 25 but there was no wind so it didnt feel that bad

Finger lake is wind blown. Most lakes down here have snow on them and there fore not as much ice as finger.

It's a long season and I'm not one to push the start anymore. Thanksgiving usually kicks off my season but sounds like we're good to go now. Thanks for the report!
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"

The ice was plenty deep today, there were even some truck tracks in the fresh snow... I wasn't that brave The ice was at least a foot deep though.

I went out for an hour sunday, there was a ranger/s10 size truck parked 20' from shore, they were fishing by the island. I missed two and caught one. 12" good ice.