Thread: How to find hull value.

Question How to find hull value.

Any ideas how to find the value of a 1974 21' Wooldridge hull. It's set up with the inboard jet, but with no value on the powertrain, or drivetrain. I'm just interested in the hull value as we will pull the engine and set-up for twin outboards. Any direction on were I could look this up would help. Thanks, Kim

Big difference on the reason you need the value. Insurance, purchase, selling, etc. Nada has boat listing, there are other boat value subscription service that I can't recall the name of around. Ask a bank how much they would loan on it. go to a wooldriege dealer and ask them for value. Have it appraised. But honestly a 40 yr old aluminum tub isn't worth much and it all depends on condition. I surpose if shiny and new looking it might be valued at 1000, but then after you are done putting new motors and rigging on it, a 40 year old boat is still only worth $1000. Bud
    Wasilla

Was wanting to purchase the hull from a friend and want to give him a fair price, while keeping it reasonable. Thanks for your input. Kim

A lot of its value will depend on if it will meet your needs or the use you invision for it. Since you want to put a pair of o/b on it, I will assume you want to use it for halibut/salmon fishing in the salt or at least on larger lakes. If the boat was a jet, I will assume it has a pretty flat bottom, or at least not more then about 6-8 degree deadrise, rather then a deep V. I use to sell aluminun boats and others for a living. For a saltwater boat, even if just being used near shore, you should be getting as much deadrise as you can. We had them up to 18-20 degree deep v hulls for saltwater use. We sold some at 8-10 degree that could be used either way with outboard or o/b jet or inboard jet. They won't handle skinny water as well as a flat bottom, but they go most places if jet unit. Lots of jet boats used all purpose and make a good all purpose boat as long as you watch the weather. If you want a boat primary for the salt, I would keep looking for a boat with good deadrise. If this hull is good and solid, no cracks or dents, not showing a lot of welds from past repair, etc, it might be good for your needs. However, if the windshield is broken, seats torn up or missing, no canvas or hardtop, even if it is free, it might be too expensve. Cost a lot to upgrade the boat to make it nice and comfortable. Now is a buyers market, you can buy a pretty will equipped used boat at very low prices these days, buy one that is not a major project. Bud
    Wasilla