Thread: Looking for a pilot and plane for flightseeing tours

Default Looking for a pilot and plane for flightseeing tours

Hi , I am the owner of Summit Lake Lodge located on the Kenai Peninsula. Web sit www.summitlakelodge.com

I want to be able to do flightseeing tours out of the Lodge this coming summer

Will need a float plane that can hold mim. of 4 people including the pilot, a pilot with at least 200 hrs on floats and 1000 hours in the air. A lot of experience in Alaska and has a commercial license and insurance. be willing to park the plane and pilot at the Lodge.

We did this about ten years ago and it worked out well. We have many many people that stop by the lodge on a daily basis so the customers are there. Would like this to be a partnership with a a % split with the plane operator taking the majority
    Anybody interested or knows of somebody interested please give me an email at Summitak@aol.com

Thanks

Marty

Having grown up on the Kenai Peninsula Summit Lake lodge has always been a landmark. Back in the 1960s it used to take forever to drive from Homer to Anchorage,, so we would always stop there and lay-up for awhile. I seem to remember my dad and other folks taking along a pick-up truck full of coal to barter with. I think they had a giant coal stove to heat the place back then. It was nearly as fancy as it is now... But it was nice and warm...

Marty it sounds like you are going to need somebody with a Cessna C-206 if you want to have 4 tourist in the air at one time.
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Three passengers sightseeing would usually work for a 180 or 185 wouldn't it?

Kenai pen, in summer. Matsu vally in winter

Marty
    I remember when you had flight seeing tours there. The pilot was a good frend. Tracy he was a instructor for the alaska flying network the plane was a 4 place taylorcraft. He told me he had alot of fun doing that. I don't think you will have to big of a problem finding someone. Time shure fly's i think it was more like 15 years ago lol

Quote Originally Posted by Summitak View Post
    Hi , I am the owner of Summit Lake Lodge located on the Kenai Peninsula. Web sit www.summitlakelodge.com

I want to be able to do flightseeing tours out of the Lodge this coming summer

Will need a float plane that can hold mim. of 4 people including the pilot, a pilot with at least 200 hrs on floats and 1000 hours in the air. A lot of experience in Alaska and has a commercial license and insurance. be willing to park the plane and pilot at the Lodge.

We did this about ten years ago and it worked out well. We have many many people that stop by the lodge on a daily basis so the customers are there. Would like this to be a partnership with a a % split with the plane operator taking the majority
    Anybody interested or knows of somebody interested please give me an email at Summitak@aol.com

Thanks

Marty
    My, my - - - I remember when my friend, Old Jack Duranzo, built your lodge. He would never tell me how he got that huge ridge log in place. He was easily in his seventies, maybe eighties, when he built it many years ago. He used to live in that little log cabin just past the south end of the lake, I remember. Spent his winters trapping and carving perpetual motion machines out of spruce. And teasing his squirrels with his sourgough baking. Spent many, many happy hours with Jack.

I remember meeting Bill Roberts, at that time owner of the old two-story lodge building on the Lower Russian. Dead of winter, it was, and he was marching along through deep snow with a comatose (and quite inebriated Old Jack Duranzo) over one shoulder. Didn't want Old Jack to pass on while in the lodge, Was afraid of his ghost . . . . .

Best of luck with finding a good floatplane pilot for that great lodge and beautiful location !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Muskeg56 View Post
    Three passengers sightseeing would usually work for a 180 or 185 wouldn't it?
    Of course.