View Poll Results: What age group do you fit in?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • 18-29

7 17.50%
  • 30-39

10 25.00%
  • 40-49

6 15.00%
  • 50-59

10 25.00%
  • 60+

7 17.50%

Thread: Age classification of those following AK game management

Default Age classification of those following AK game management

This is the forum for game management so I am curious just what age groups are actually following the issues and getting involved. I am talking about going to AC meetings, writing BOG proposals and providing public testimony or at least sending emails to influence the system.

Lu - I follow the issues, but only from afar. I don't get involved in wildlife issues in Alaska. Or anywhere else for that matter......

I responded to the poll, since I follow the issues, but that's as far as it goes.

power commuting twixt the valley and anchorage

I read this section of the forum from time to time.

I recently emailed Corey Rossi because I got wind of this anti bear management campain (via facebook).
    http://www.akwildlife.org/

Jon, I got involved in my 40s, but chose the age class I'm in now (which feels at times like my 70s <grin>). Want to especially say thank you to the younger folks for getting involved, and hope they stay involved.

Lu, I have been actively involved in resource management - activism; meetings, memberships, education, work experience since my late teens.

I made my first Alaska public testimony in the town of Skwentna, in 1984 regarding forest management. I have been active ever since on the local AC (2x), in local conservation organizations, letters to the editor, on newspaper blogs and most recently here on the Forum. This is a great place to expand understanding, consider other views, and enter in to open discussion. I continue to learn and consider other views each year.

I'm 56 yo now (not 29) and will continue (if the creek don't rise), to participate at some level with active involvement in what I view as appropriate active management of our natural resources, in hunter education and with hunter heritage programs until such time as I am no longer able. There is a wealth of knowledge on this Forum that is vastly interesting at many levels.

I added my self to the lowed age group, even though it is a little over 2 years over. I know a lot of people who just go out and shoot everything that can, including ducks out of season and other federal crimes, and I always give them a "piece of my mind" in a nice way.
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.