Thread: borrow sleds?

Default borrow sleds?

anyone have some slow old sleds they wanna let me borrow this weekend and week? need a couple for some winter family comming up. would just put around on them in knik area. all i got is one.
    Semper Fi!

take turns...

You can rent them in Wasilla at the place next to 3 rivers...or....get a couple of plastic sleds and rope from Wallie World and use your one sled as the engine and make a train out of the plastic ones behind you.
    BK

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    You can rent them in Wasilla at the place next to 3 rivers...or....get a couple of plastic sleds and rope from Wallie World and use your one sled as the engine and make a train out of the plastic ones behind you.
    BK
    thats a good idea.

i always knew i could count on you guys when i needed a hand.
    Semper Fi!

Gotta think outside the box once in a while.....
    If I remember correctly, you also have a dressed up 3 wheeler, good for another rider!
    BK
    PS-post some pics of the train.

Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    thats a good idea.

i always knew i could count on you guys when i needed a hand.
    Quitchur whinin Sally. Can't afford another sled? I got some snowshoes I'll sell ya cheap.

Sound familiar?

anyone have some slow old sleds they wanna let me borrow this weekend and week? need a couple for some winter family comming up. would just put around on them in knik area. all i got is one.

If mine were not already borrowed out I would let you use mine I figure this would be the only way to meet the infamous GH3

If I get mine unburied and running by this weekend, I have a Polaris 500, you can borrow that. Will let you know. It was running great when I parked it last year but you never know. It is a 96 and has @ 900 miles on it.
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

BK, I would shy away from that rental place. Every time I rent from him he finds something to charge me extra for.
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

I hear ya whop, but I don't need to rent.
    Akiceman,
    "Quitchur whinin Sally. Can't afford another sled? I got some snowshoes I'll sell ya cheap."
    Pretty funny, sounds like a quote right out of greythorns posts in the past.
    BK

sounds good, i will ride the borrowed sled myself to make sure the texans dont do anything stupid on it. keep me informed if you get it out and i will come get it,. thanks.
    Semper Fi!

'turnagain pass is for cry baby rich kids anyhow with 12k sleds their mommys bought them.'

Well, my mommy never bought me a sled and I certainly wouldn't loan you a sled! Get a job and purchase one...or maybe your mom can work one off for ya!

Quote Originally Posted by aksnowmo View Post
    'turnagain pass is for cry baby rich kids anyhow with 12k sleds their mommys bought them.'

Well, my mommy never bought me a sled and I certainly wouldn't loan you a sled! Get a job and purchase one...or maybe your mom can work one off for ya!
    I did think it was amusing that right after he insulted half the sledders here he asked if anyone would loan him a sled.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

i can always count on you guys. thanks fellas.
    Semper Fi!

What did you expect asking complete strangers over the internet?

GT, my piece of crap stepson took my machine without asking and wrecked it the night after I posted in responce to your plea. I've been soo PO'd that I forgot to let you know that... Sorry. BTW, can I hire you to kick some butt??

no biggie the guests were afraid to go outside anyhow. texan pansies.
    Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    GT, my piece of crap stepson took my machine without asking and wrecked it the night after I posted in responce to your plea. I've been soo PO'd that I forgot to let you know that... Sorry. BTW, can I hire you to kick some butt??
    Sounds like it would have worked just fine then.