Thread: AKC field trial & hunt test application fee increase

Default AKC field trial & hunt test application fee increase

Also from AKC Nov. Board minutes, page 18 - http://www.akc.org/pdfs/about/board_minutes/1111.pdf

Event Application Fees for Field Trials and Hunting Tests

The Board voted to approve a recommendation to raise the event application fee for field trials
    and hunting tests from the current rate of $25 to a rate of $35. This increase would apply to nine
    event types field trials for Pointing breeds, Retrievers, Spaniels, Beagles, Dachshunds, Basset
    Hounds and hunting tests for Pointing breeds, Retrievers and Spaniels. The increase will apply
    to events held after April 1, 2012 unless the application has already been submitted.

Whooo Karen, I am a bit confused. Its been $65-75 per event for years, now it is being "raised" to $35. You do have ......,retrievers,....specified, so I assume you are taking about AKC Retiever field trials and hunt test as well as FT and HT for pointers. Could you clarify this for us dummies. Bud
    Wasilla

Default application fee

i'm thinking that is what the club is charged to host the event?

This is the application fee a club pays to hold each AKC event, not entry fees. Entry fees are not set by AKC, but rather by the club holding the event. Entry fees may well increase too, as the cost of holding event is on the rise.

Karen