Thread: Time for ske's Ice report

Kenai pen, in summer. Matsu vally in winter

Default Time for ske's Ice report

It's time for Ske's again. Thought i would give a report. I have a cabin out on fish creek lake buy lake creek.. Temps have been 6-10 below for the last few days About 6 inches of ice. lots of snow and a little overflow here and there.
    Anybody have any reports

Thanks for the update.

Going to the cabin tomarrow will give a full report this weekend

Made it out to the cabin today. Cold weather flying for shure 17 below when i left willow. I took out 45 gallons of fuel and dropped it off. Most of the lakes out in that area looked like they did have some overflow so if you go out playing on ski's make shure to make some tracks (like touch and go's) then check the tracks out to be shure there is no overflow. I had it made my nabor had my strip on the lake all put in and packed down. How cool about 2500 ft long and 30 feet wide. It was great like landing at willow.. It was to cold to go playing around. Something i do plan to do as soon as it warms up a little
    I did see about 8 snow machiner's on the yetna up by lake creek some going up some going down.. Looked like the trail wasn' to bad. By the way if you are on ski's the parking area at the fuel pump at willow airport is all pavement I did manage to get fuel but i had to get some help pushing the plane brrrrrrr the coldest part of the trip.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey Lance, mighty nice of your neighbor...nice strip! I put tie downs in at Anderson Lake yesterday,eight inches of ice.

Wings are painted on the Tcraft. The wet look of polyurethane is nice. Hope to get some paint on the fuselage this weekend. She will be a real doll when done. Some time in January I think. Can not wait to try those Landis 2000's out...Weighed about the same as the Federai 1500"s but about six inches longer. May not turn as tight but will have a little better floatation.

Jim
    Can't waight till you get her all done. We will haft to do some flying.. I will come see how you are doing next friday you going to be there.
    I did check out my metal thats welded to the wing it is three inches..
    My nabor out there is great he keeps my strip nice. It will be better after he grooms it he has a nice groomer.. and he even go's over and warms up the cabin before i get there.
    What a deal......

Lance,I have to work this Friday but will put in a few hours on Saturday. Maybe get some paint on the fuselage. stop in if you are in the neighborhood.

Matsuthunder The only way you could have it any better is if you had stid2677 out there to cook for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by matsuthunder View Post
    Jim
    Can't waight till you get her all done. We will haft to do some flying.. I will come see how you are doing next friday you going to be there.
    I did check out my metal thats welded to the wing it is three inches..
    My nabor out there is great he keeps my strip nice. It will be better after he grooms it he has a nice groomer.. and he even go's over and warms up the cabin before i get there.
    What a deal......

Lance, I hope to get up there in a couple weeks! I never got the heater put back on the plane yet so I gotta do a lil work to it when I get home.

I dont think you can get any getter neighbors than the ones at the end of the lake! Best peeps I ever met.

I hope it won't be long till i get to spend some time up here i hope.. I haft to get my little workshop done..... Suppost to get up to 40 this weekend that sucks...

Quote Originally Posted by matsuthunder View Post
    I hope it won't be long till i get to spend some time up here i hope.. I haft to get my little workshop done..... Suppost to get up to 40 this weekend that sucks...

Good thing I am still on floats