Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Biggest fish on the lightest line?

Default Biggest fish on the lightest line?

42 lb king on a 10 lb leader for me..

Who cares? Unless you're trying for a world record it seems to me to be moot point and just something to brag about.
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

40lb king on 12lb test- trolling for silvers in seward.....

Release Lake Trout

38 lb king on 3.5# test with a 4 weight and a size 10 nymph. I was grayling fishing when this happened.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Quote Originally Posted by Muttley Crew Fishing View Post
    Who cares? Unless you're trying for a world record it seems to me to be moot point and just something to brag about.
    What? Fishermen who brag? Such a NEW development!!! If you're not interested, shush.

Quote Originally Posted by FishGod View Post
    38 lb king on 3.5# test with a 4 weight and a size 10 nymph. I was grayling fishing when this happened.
    Similar story here, didn't have a scale, but I'd wager high 20's/low 30's. Took a bit, luckily there wasn't much current.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Nice post Mutt! Thanks for contributing.

Quote Originally Posted by kgpcr View Post
    Nice post Mutt! Thanks for contributing.

Like he said, who cares? now if youll excuse me im going fishing......

Dont worry, ill brag about it when i get back

Release Lake Trout

I agree thanks for the contribution. I thought it would be an interesting thread to start sorry if I and a few fellas dont see your point of view. Being from Homer you must get out on the water everyday all year long. Not all of us are so lucky and have to remember the good times and the ones that should have gotten away but didnt. Bragging or not what a fight on light gear.

Quote Originally Posted by FishGod View Post
    Geez man hold on for dear life and let him run...Wicked fun fight I bet.

Wow. I hooked into a 300 or so lb. salmon shark on an untralight rig with about 7 lb. test line on it and fought it for about 10 minutes. I didn't land it so I guess that doesn't count, huh? Can anyone beat that?
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

Charterboat Operator

I think this guy needs a hug!!!?

Wow. I hooked into a 300 or so lb. salmon shark on an untralight rig with about 7 lb. test line on it and fought it for about 10 minutes. I didn't land it so I guess that doesn't count, huh? Can anyone beat that?

Actually yeah...but does it matter???

Many sharks in the Keys over 100#s on 10# gear while bridge fishing (have to walk them down and land them). A 51# Kingfish (king mackeral) on 10# gear...was a tackle record for Florida at the time, many 40+# cuda, and so on. I too have lost many salmon sharks on light gear.

To me it`s really just about what you feel is a great accomplishment...I`m very happy to have had the opportunities that I`ve had and thank my departed father for giving me the bug early and also teaching me about conservation.

Good winter thread akdube.

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

Well not to brag...... HA!!
    298# halibut
    20# test
    12 ft. of water
    7 ft zodiac

I will now bask in the glow of my own excellence.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Nemo View Post
    I think this guy needs a hug!!!?
    Nah...I think his hip is giving him heck with the onset of winter. Older folk tend to get a bit grumpy unless they can head south to warm the bones. I know I do and I am no where near old, yet.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Mutt just hates big fish! For me it was a 225lb halibut on a 9ft lamaglass with 20lb line, and a 20lb steelhead on 4lb line on a ultra light trout rod.
    Mutt, share the love man share the love!!!!!!

Just for the Homer Folks unless anyone else wants to show, there will be a candlelight vigil for the loss of the Eagle tree by MCdonalds on the next night it blows over 50kts and is less then 20 deg outside hope to see you all there

I landed a 35lb king on 6 lb test while trout fishing at clear creek. Only reason I got it was this crazy Swedish dude went in up to his neck to net it. I was 13 and it was the coolest feeling ever

57lbs. king on a steelhead rod with 8lbs. test. We were fishing for silvers on Clarence Strait north of Ketchikan. Took 5 hours 45 minutes and we chased it a couple miles. Was 4 lbs shy of the line class world record at the time.

One person on here will never deserve a rodent hat.

There is nothing better than catching big fish on light tackle. We do quite a bit of it during the summer. My best was 137 pound yellowfin tuna on a 8'6" G.Loomis king salmon rod and a Shimano Trinidad 10 with #30 lb spectra. Two hours in the blazing heat and the reel ended up sounding like grinding marbles. That's fishing my friends....

Quote Originally Posted by AKCAPT View Post
    There is nothing better than catching big fish on light tackle. We do quite a bit of it during the summer. My best was 137 pound yellowfin tuna on a 8'6" G.Loomis king salmon rod and a Shimano Trinidad 10 with #30 lb spectra. Two hours in the blazing heat and the reel ended up sounding like grinding marbles. That's fishing my friends....
    WOW How fun is that...Thats what I'm talking about right there. I built and fish for Halibut with a g-loomis back bouncing rod with a 400 calcuta reel. Biggest to date is 70lbs in 250 foot of water but what a fight..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast