Thread: 454 gen.v1 rebuild.

Default 454 gen.v1 rebuild.

hi,..will be rebuilding my 454.ho,out of a 16 foot,with a ch-3,2.1,4 blade power shift.any info.tip's,trick's,or suggestion,s beyond a stock rebuild,would be greatly appreciated....

Before you go to the work and effort, you might look at the 502 that Roger built and is selling, it is described a bit further down on this forum. I'm considering it if still available when I have the money. It is very close to being new and I would not be afraid of it, professionally built motor with 20 hours on it and 500 hp. Bud
    Wasilla

Thanks Bud,

Here is what I have in it

Forged steel crank
    Custom Crane 290 514 L cam
    Custom titanium rollers
    3 angle stainless valves
    The engine is all rollers from cam up
    over sized rod bolts

Art at Valley machine build it You have to ask my boat builder Bill about RPM Torque

I had this in my boat for 20 hours till my Levitator got here then we took it out and it is in his shop been there a few years. Like I said this is just the motor no drive unit,Radiator, Does have starter, alternator, carb
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Hi There If You Are Planning To Rebuild It You Will Spend As Much Our More Then The 502 Roger Has But If You Still Plan On Building It I Would Make A 496 Out Of It Let Us Now Witch Way You Plan To Go

The wife dug out the receipt a few weeks ago I paid $6500 for the rebuild alone did not include carb,Valve covers ect. Selling it for $4000
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

not sure how much $$$ iwant to put in this tub.motor has less than 200 hr.intake valves r toast.thinking aluminum heads or better valves,s.steel.possible cam.hull needs new uhmw,and a considerable amount of work,dents,creases,welding.cab needs a bit of fabrication and welding.no real plan,however a new boat is starting to make sense!!!???.. thanks for your input.

50mile, if you decide to sell your boat, I could be interested, looking for a project. You might also call or pm Skip about a new boat, he builds to order and much better price then most builders. Bud
    Wasilla