Thread: tundra fuel pump leak?

Default tundra fuel pump leak?

my tundra was leaking fuel when running and also when shut off out of the fuel pump. Once I took the three hoses into it off the fuel stops leaking?.. Isn't the fuel gravity feed to the pump?

Kinda odd. I took the pump apart, and the gasket was loose at one corner.. but doesn't explain why fuel was leaking and stopped once hoses were disconnected..

Doesn't make a lot of sense.

With the old gasket of a fuel pump, you can sometimes have a capillary effect where the fuel finds a way out. rebuild the fuel pump, or buy a new one, they're pretty cheap. I think you'rs is a Mikuni fuel pump?

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    With the old gasket of a fuel pump, you can sometimes have a capillary effect where the fuel finds a way out. rebuild the fuel pump, or buy a new one, they're pretty cheap. I think you'rs is a Mikuni fuel pump?
    not sure what make it is.... I had a spare rebuild kit here at the house.. I've rebuilt it before.. can't remember if I used any gasket seal on it last time. the old gasket and diaphragm looked good..

it was just odd it was leaking and then stopped once I disconnected the lines.. seemed odd.