Thread: Float Hunting How-To Series (Outdoors Directory's new YouTube channel!)

Default Float Hunting How-To Series (Outdoors Directory's new YouTube channel!)

We're going to build up our educational library here on Outdoors Directory with some how-to video materials. Here's one of the first ones we did just a couple of weeks ago. I'm interested in your feedback in terms of length and content.

There are a lot of different ways we can go with this. I'm sure it's not perfect, but it might help some folks.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Here's another one we did on oar selection. Pretty basic stuff I know, but we're trying to target some of the newer float hunters out there who may not be aware of these details. We're interested in your feedback!

Thanks for watching!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.

And here's a third video in the series for float hunters.

Thanks!

-Mike

Thumbs up

Very professionally done!

And I love the effect you added at the intro where your (moose) logo slams down and the dust flies up. Nice effect.

Terrific stuff: valuable information in the spoken and unspoken tips (gloves, waders, black headnets), a hint of how appealing a float can be when the water's calm and the weather fine... and just the right props in those full game bags. Excellent job. Congratulations, Mike!
    PS- your cameraman does very steady work.

Quote Originally Posted by 6XLeech View Post
    Terrific stuff: valuable information in the spoken and unspoken tips (gloves, waders, black headnets), a hint of how appealing a float can be when the water's calm and the weather fine... and just the right props in those full game bags. Excellent job. Congratulations, Mike!
    PS- your cameraman does very steady work.
    I hear he works cheap too!!
    Semper Fi and God Bless

Default cheap/free

Quote Originally Posted by tboehm View Post
    I hear he works cheap too!!
    I wouldn't know about that, except I do know that I watched the videos from post numbers 1,2,& 3 in this thread without paying him even a nickel. And that he'll provide just about anyone an account on this forum for free.

OK, that was fun. But seriously, .

you are making it too easy for the cheechacho to have a safe and sucessful adventure.... less all the adventure of losing all your gear , and getting hurt etc..
    keep making these videos and they wont have any fodder for the show,, ( I should have died )
    Great job mike
    Max
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com