Thread: Relief

Default Relief

Some may remember my posts about my problems sighting in my 300RUM. Well, I disasembled the bases and rings, cleaned them, screw them down tight with blue loctite, loaded up 40 rounds of ammo and hit the range. After 20 rounds of ammo @ 100 yards I am dead on center and just over an inch high. Next range session I will go out to 200 yards but after 20 rounds today my shoulder was done. Tell me what you think of this group? I'm proud.

BLAST accidentally posted this in the wrong section, can you please move to the shooting section please.

WG,

Isn't it great when things work as they should! What's even more impressive about your group is that group size is measured center-to-center, not outside edge-to-outside edge. So you need to subtract .308 from your group size. So you have a .568" group. Nice shooting.

I think that group ought to do very nicely. Looks like you've got it dialed in.

Are those the 150 gr. ballistic tips? Can't imagine they'd hold together at ultra mag velocities on game, but I'm no expert at identifying bullets by sight.

Now, if you tell me you shot that group kneeling or standing, I'll call you for lessons...

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 Mauser View Post
    I think that group ought to do very nicely. Looks like you've got it dialed in.

Are those the 150 gr. ballistic tips? Can't imagine they'd hold together at ultra mag velocities on game, but I'm no expert at identifying bullets by sight.

Now, if you tell me you shot that group kneeling or standing, I'll call you for lessons...

LOL, no it was on a rifle rest, but they are 180 gr. ballistic tips with 85gr. of RL22 behind it, also a Rem 9 1/2m rpimer. I just used the ballistic's tip for sighting it in. I have some 200 gr. X bullets for game. Next time at the range I will be using the X bullets, and then comes some bear hunting.

Nice shooting.
    Thank You