Thread: Denali Highway Trail Report 11/12/11

Default Denali Highway Trail Report 11/12/11

Condtions are great already for riding out on the Denali Highway. Continued snow over the last several weeks has put a nice layer of snow from 1 to 2 feet all around the area. The highway coming in from Cantwell is excellent riding, and the traffic that happened during caribou season packed down an excellent base on the highway! Motor vehicle traffic has stopped about 2 weeks ago, and fresh snow has been falling ever since. Ptarmagin hunting should be excellent! And snow machine riding is kicking up, and we have our first bookings of snow machiners this weekend!

I've attached a picture of my wife putting out the trapline to show you the snow depth on the trails.

Have a great winter of riding!

Claude, Jennifer and Lil Bob.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Justin and I will be heading out to visit you guys on the 19th See you then. I'll give you guys a call to see if you need anything later in the week, or you can call me at the store. First trip for my Bearcat

Outstanding Doug! It'll be my first long trip on the new Bearcat on Monday night when I head back into the lodge. It better run good, cause I'll be by myself, and leaving Cantwell late at night!
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com