Thread: Current REX Trail Conditions?

Question Current REX Trail Conditions?

Does anyone know what the current Rex Trail Conditions are? Especially, the Tot & Tat crossings. Thanks.

Last week end most current info I have.

Trail should be good to great for sleds. I would be little concern about 4 wheeler crossing 4 mile field just shy of Tot. Trail was starting to drift in last Saturday. Tot, ice hard enough to get UTV across fully loaded. Shouldn't be a problem from here on out.

Ice jamb-s at Tat different story. Opening day river crossing was 3 -4 foot deep with open leads here and there. Wednesday quarter mile stretch near tappers cabin ice broke up over night and river completly washed out to bear rocks. Later in the week, Satuday, ice water level was starting to back up again. Main channel about 30 inches deap with 3 to 4 inches of ice along the banks. Open lead continuous, about 20 foot across.

Was able to cross the Tat fully laoded with UTV fully loaded. Smash through the ice with my UTV with out winching.
    this week end will be differnt. Cold condiiton this week, would think one would be able to cross with sno-go this week end.

Hunting buddy from Houstons heading up that way this weekend. You may see him on the trail "David Porter". Good luck to all that try. Remember it's a 26 mile walk out to parking lot from Tat should you run into serious problems. been there done that

Thanks. Made a recon run, rivers were ok. Not much for moose sign. Most have moved to closed area in foothills.

Went out the Rex & spent 2 days on Wood River. Followed REX out to Balir Lakes Range Boundry. No Bulls. Lots of moose sign near Wood, but super thick brush.

alaskakm, were you able to cross the Wood River from Parks Hwy. side? Did you see any other groups hunting with muzzle loader? Four friends from Wasilla headed up Thanksgiving weekend from Parks Hwy., curious if anyone had any luck. I'll hear from them tonight Monday for sure. How were the temps.? Weather report said -30 brrrr.

We went out Sunday 11/20. -38 at Rochester lodge when we went out, but it was a lot colder Monday morning. Didn't see any other Hunters. Crossing the Wood was no problem, just where to go from there is the question.