Thread: Confirming Hunting Load Accuracy - M48 7mm-08 - Ten shot group

Default Confirming Hunting Load Accuracy - M48 7mm-08 - Ten shot group

I went to the range this morning to confirm that the three shot group I shot the other day was for real and not a fluke. I was a little concerned when I got to the range because I forgot my good targets I like to use when trying to shoot good groups, so I had to make me one. This is the best I could do today with ten shots. The load is a 140gr Accubond, Powder: W760, Brass: Nosler Custom, Primer: 210 Fed, OAL: 2.780", Velocity: 2800fps.

Three shot group from the other day

Today's ten shot group with only one called flyer and that is the hole at the top of the group - I am ready to hunt!
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Dude...I'm seriously getting jealous of your M48...and I own one!

What is so cool is I am using Lee dies, Accubonds and W760 and this thing is printing exaggerated holes. I love it.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

I've been using Accubonds in my M48 and the thing just loves them...won't shoot a TSX worth a crap but I've been extremely happy with AB performance on game.

But heck, with crazy accuracy like that you could shoot any bullet you wanted and reliably kill deer...you just shoot them down the ear hole!

Expecting pics of your new rig with a dead critter....

Quote Originally Posted by hodgeman View Post
    I've been using Accubonds in my M48 and the thing just loves them...won't shoot a TSX worth a crap but I've been extremely happy with AB performance on game.

But heck, with crazy accuracy like that you could shoot any bullet you wanted and reliably kill deer...you just shoot them down the ear hole!

Expecting pics of your new rig with a dead critter....
    Go to Arizona to hunt mountain lion and will leave next Friday (get to use dog only one morning and the rest of the time we will be calling) Chances are slim but my grandson will be going out there for the first time. Then first week in Dec I will be in Tennessee hunting white tail with a chance for a big one, and besides hunting hear in South Mississippi I will the second week of January go south of Baton Rouge, La for another White tail hunt.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

How many grains of W760???

140gr Accubond, OAL 2.780", W760 47.9grs (near Max start lower), Fed 210 primers, Nosler brass. Also, remember I have a 24" barrel. Start lower and work up.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Quote Originally Posted by beartooth View Post
    . Then first week in Dec I will be in Tennessee hunting white tail with a chance for a big one,
    Where you going in TN? I grew up there...shot a pile of whitetails and squirrels. I sometimes miss it quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by hodgeman View Post
    Where you going in TN? I grew up there...shot a pile of whitetails and squirrels. I sometimes miss it quite a bit.
    I will hunt around Centerville, Tenn
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS