Thread: Or not such a great start....

Default Or not such a great start....

When its gonna be a bad day, its just gonna be a bad day.
    to start off, when I got up at 7 it was snowing like crazy. no sweat, I said, the tracks will be covered up but I'll just wait till this afternoon to set out my line, give things a chance to move around a bit, ya know?

well at 9 after chores and breakfast I go to make a pack basket. well, the basket I was gonna use was full of meat cause were butchering out cow. Thats ok, I'll just use a little 4 gallon wicker basket and make straps out of duck tape, that way I can just cut it off when I'm done. no problem. its pretty tough and I won't have much weight in it. Uhhh huu

well I pull my shoulder out of the socket when the compression "built" on my 4 wheeler when I was trying to pull start it...cause the starter sylinoid went out on it.

I head out on snowshoes about 1 and I slip,landing on my bad arm, dumping my whole load. about a half mile from the house the back strap on my right snowshoe gives out. no problem, I can keep goin with out them, well all that wallowing made my pack start to break....so I head back, and after I cross a swamp I start up a hill (the same one I slipped on on my way out. I fall again dumping my pack. Well that didn't go so well, so I go to set some beaver and muskrat traps at a lake I saw some in this spring bear hunting. so I load up a milk crate with some traps and other gear, and head out with my gun, so there I am, join 20 MPH down the road holding a box of traps and gear and a gun in one hand and driving the 4 wheeler with the other.....I forgot my fur hat. Eh, I'll just tough it out....a couple miles later, I had enough of that means how the temperature was dropping fast. by the time I got back I had frost bit my ears.

so after I warm up I head over to my neighbors to butcher chickens and plow, after I got done with the chickens it was dark and I was kinda tired and kinda mad cause it didn't go well, so I start plowing and she said to push the burn as far to the left as i can...she didn't tell me about the drop off.....once I got that un buried she told me "Don't hit the supporting posts!!!!", cause that beam(for a balcony) weighs 3000 lbs...so whats the first thing I do? why I hit the only post holding up the right side of said 3000 lb beam. so she is kinda freaking out, and with 3 months of building houses under my belt, I decided to fix it by my self and not get my dad (with 15 years experience) cause I had messed up allow this week and he was Maaaadd and he had just had a surgery earlier today so he really wouldn't be in a good mood. well lets just say after a while I braced it so it wouldn't drop any further and let it be.

so needless to say I didn't get a line out.
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Patrick McManus came to mind immediately upon reading that.

Sorry for your day man, but thanks for the smile.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Oh, and I'm just kinda silent when I get home, dad asks how it went. "It went" I say. then hurry and take off my boots and coat and go and make some dinner. just when I think i got away with it (as I was typing this out) the phone rings. mom talks for maybe 5 minutes, and then hangs up and says "CameRon, did you break something at the Hall's tonight?" And I said, NOooooo I didn't break nothin. (which is true) the only thing I'm concerned about is I called my boss (also my dads boss) and asked him for ideas on how to fix it and he just cracked up....I have a feeling dad is gonna walk in the door tomorrow and ask "CameRon, come over here" and well, I'm sure you guys will know what hens from there. HaHaHa
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Well you know what they say, you farm boys are tough <grin>.

Now that is what I call a bad day on the line! Hope things start to get better for you and watch out for those support post.

Your alive to **** up again, and thats a good thing

Theres tomarrow, the season just started, and being inna hurry can make things worse....How much snow you got?
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Quote Originally Posted by strangerinastrangeland View Post
    Your alive to **** up again, and thats a good thing

Theres tomarrow, the season just started, and being inna hurry can make things worse....How much snow you got?
    we got just a hair shy of 2 feet.

Yup....the boss told dad.

Thanks for sharing your Bad Day... Reminds of a few stunts my 2 pulled while growing up.. I needed a good chuckle... Thanks