Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: One copy of Strahan's book in all of Alaska libraries?

  1. #1

    Default One copy of Strahan's book in all of Alaska libraries?

    Kinda surprising. The one copy is in Kodiak of all places. Maybe that is better, and the 4 wheeler guys stay on their four wheelers, and don't get interested in float hunting.

    If anyone has a copy they want to donate to the Homer library, I'm sure it would get some use. The library loan system moves books like that around pretty good. I pretty much talked the librarian in Homer to buy it, but they seem to move at a glacier pace.

  2. #2

    Thumbs up Donations

    Libraries rely heavily on Donations for survival. Books, videos, reference materials and even cash.
    I encourage all to donate all their once read materials to their local library.
    What good is a book sitting on a shelf, gathering dust? Collectible??? To the selfish or unthinking perhaps!!!

    Donate Today!!!
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  3. #3

    Default

    Yea, I try to donate books myself I am not using. I am donating my time this Winter coaching 14 kids hockey(none are mine)... it's a blast, great kids..



    as to Mike's book.. it's one of those books you like to have around to reference once in a while. But if someone has a copy they are not using, the library could sure use it.

  4. #4
    Supporting Member Amigo Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Wrangell
    Posts
    7,600

    Default

    Yep I've put at least a few hundred once read books in the local libraries,a gift that keeps giving for sure.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

  5. #5
    Member Roger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sunshine Alaska
    Posts
    2,049

    Default

    I have Float Hunting Alaska 2nd edition by Larry, They got that one down there ?
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

  6. #6
    Member AKDoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Talkeetna
    Posts
    5,714

    Default

    Only evil ATV guys have Bartlett's books

  7. #7
    Member tboehm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Soldotna AK
    Posts
    2,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Only evil ATV guys have Bartlett's books
    Now thats FUNNY!!!!
    Semper Fi and God Bless

  8. #8
    Member AKDoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Talkeetna
    Posts
    5,714

    Default

    Just a little joke with Roger since he's the king of ATV tours in our area. And a little jab at the original poster's comment about atv riders.

  9. #9
    Member Roger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sunshine Alaska
    Posts
    2,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Just a little joke with Roger since he's the king of ATV tours in our area. And a little jab at the original poster's comment about atv riders.
    That's why I have never done a float hunt to much time on atvs Besides the only way I would be float hunting is if my motor on my boat went out LOL!
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I have Float Hunting Alaska 2nd edition by Larry, They got that one down there ?

    Roger, yes they do have larry's book. I have that now.


    Stirred up the ATV bunch, opps. I've killed more moose off my ATV than I have float hunting. Just a new obsession..

  11. #11
    Premium Member MarineHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    Libraries rely heavily on Donations for survival. Books, videos, reference materials and even cash.
    I encourage all to donate all their once read materials to their local library.
    What good is a book sitting on a shelf, gathering dust? Collectible??? To the selfish or unthinking perhaps!!!

    Donate Today!!!
    Sadly, Strahan's book is not the type that most people would read and then drop off at a library, because it's, in part, a reference book with details about specific rivers, unlike other types of books, which are more likely to be a one-off read.

    I was reading the book again this week, and forgot how much it makes me want to go back there.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineHawk View Post
    Sadly, Strahan's book is not the type that most people would read and then drop off at a library, because it's, in part, a reference book with details about specific rivers, unlike other types of books, which are more likely to be a one-off read.

    I was reading the book again this week, and forgot how much it makes me want to go back there.
    Even libraries recognize this in some publications. They will be Flagged "Reference Only" and not be allowed for checkout. A donor can request that I think...at least some librarians will honor the request. A lot of Outstanding Publications that are now out of print went to someone's bookshelf in the past.

    Yeah, I understand the need for some to retain references they think they might need for future reference....ummmm....now where did I put that 1973 Ford Truck Repair Manual??? LOL
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •