Thread: pow /kuiu island bear hunt

Default pow /kuiu island bear hunt

Has anyone hunted these island for black bear in the late spring i am going to the island on june 3 for a hunt any experince would be gladly accepted .

Big difference between the two islands really. Kuiu is much more remote than POW. The tactics are very similar once in the habitat. The exception being POW logging roads.

Both produce and June could be slightly late but you never know year to year exactly how the spring bear hunt will play out.

Good luck.

Yup, I've hunted both, took and 21-5/8" bear off Kuiu and a 21-5/8" & 21 9/8" incher off POW, Kuiu has roads, just not as many as POW, the two assess points to the roads are Rowan Bay on the west side of Kuiu and Saginaw Bay on the northwest corner. I shot my booner in Security Bay!...Rocky Pass and Port Camden used to be very good for hog backies too!

I think Kuiu would be a better bet if you are looking for a big black bear, only thing is transportation if you plan on hunting the roads!... a fly-in hunt to one of the southern bays would be a good bet too....

I will be hunting out of point baker with Calder mt lodge hope this will be the year I can connect with a bear