Thread: AR Scope

Question AR Scope

What size scopes are you guys shooting on your AR's? I hope to have my AR finished by this weekend and need to pick up a scope for it. It will be used for predator hunting mostly. Thanks for any info.

My M4 that I carry on the snow machine has a 1x4 millet on top. My other one that is set up for long range shots has a 4x16 on it. Figure out how you are going to carry the rifle, what ranges you plan on shooting and go from there.
    Good luck!

I really like my Vortex Viper 2-7x32 scopes. Slapped them on w/ Burris PEPR mounts and they put rounds where they need to go. I really like the set up and can't wait to get them out into the woods this year.

Default Cabelas 2x7x32mm Tactical

As the title says I have the Cabelas Pine Ridge tactical with the 223 BDC turrets think I dropped 100.00 bucks for it I really am impressed with this so far its quick with the 2x and can crank it to 7x for them longer pokes.
    RLTW
    HUNT HARD HUNT SAFE
    WILL

Im actually looking at a Trijicon Accupoint 3-9x40 mil dot with green illumination with LT 104-1 mount. There are some very good reviews on Preditor masters Forum. I am really digging the illuminated reticle that is battery free.

http://www.laruetactical.com/trijico...-lt104-1-mount

I have a Leupold 3.5x14x50 with lit crosshairs on oner, and a standard 3x9x40mm Leupy on another. I looked at those Trijicon Accupoints like GomerP mentioned and those look excellent. If I had to buy one from the start, I think the Trijicon would be on mine. If you're going to do a bunch of night hunting, a lit reticle is very handy. I wouldn't discount putting a Zeiss conquest on it either. For the money, the Zeiss Conquest's are probably the most bang for your buck. I have had zero problems with my 3 Conquest's and a couple of them have taken a pounding on the snowmachine.

I went with a Bushnell Legend 5 x 15 and my primary purpose for my AR is prairie dogs and predators. I really like it especially for the price.