Thread: Trap Line - Who's getting the line out tomorrow?

Default Trap Line - Who's getting the line out tomorrow?

Jennifer will be getting the line out and started tomorrow. I don't get home for a few more days, but at least she'll get the trails broke in for me! We will be trappping between the Clearwater and Susitna Rivers, down river from the Denali Highway Bridge, and up river up to Valdez Creek, Windy Creek and upper Clearwater. Lil Bob will be out and ready to go with his sets and his own trapping gear. We are super excited about this winter!

Who else is going to be out tomorrow setting things up? Where ya going to be at, generally? Not asking for a trapping spot, but just curious. Can be as general as SouthWest, Interior, NorthEast, etc.

Good luck out there!

Claude
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

I will be finding out soon if I work tomorrow if not I will be heading out to get some stuff set up. I will be in the Trapper Creek/Petersville area

I'll be out at midnight... In Kodiak

Looks like another year of dreaming for me, at least mostly. I might have a bit of time in February to run a short lynx line for a few weeks, but with a one and three year old son to care for, I'm not quite in the place where I can take off every weekend to run a line. I love where I live, but during trapping season I sure am jealous of those of you who can run a line right from your house.

Looking forward to the pictures and reports!

I will be putting my line out this weekend denali. Boiled my snares and conibears last night and am going to find some flower pots to get a couple boxes made before this weekend. I also need to make sure my pred rifle is sighted in.

I'm not certain about exact location yet but I'm considering near the Butte to avoid stepping on anyones toes.

What sort of gun do you carry on your line dh? br mentioned he liked a blackhawk for moose and a henry lever .22 for all else.

Gonna hike out form the house tomorrow with snowshoes, setting snares for rabbits, snare poles for squirrel, marten blue fox and weasel traps and any other tracks I can find!!! Gonna be about 3 miles in a loop. Gona be awesome!!!!!

I will be carrying a 22 Lr with a chopped barrel and stock. total length about 28 inches that is until I get new gun. looking at a 223 20 Ga over under.
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

I have to work tomorrow as well, So I plan to pound steel and hang snares at midnight also. Starting the line right down the road from my house in about a 14 mile weird loop..When I get off Ill go back out and hopefully retrieve anything I caught and add to the line for anyplaces I amay have over looked.. Friday Ill go 80 miles north and put in another line for Lynx and marten, Sat Ill hit another area for beavers with 20-30 330's under the ice..

Good luck everyone..

Great posts! Man, now I'm even getting more excited. Out of all fishing, hunting and trapping seasons, trapping is #1 to me. I pack a little ruger .22 with me on the line. My son takes his AR-15 in case we see something that doesn't have a leg anchor. I use all leg hold traps, as that's all I've done since a kid, and even though I tried, I don't care for conibears or snares. I may dabble more in the snares this winter to see if I can figure them out. Key to leghold is to run the line every day or two, which I do. I suppose if I was only runnng every 3 or more days I would have to switch.

I'm really looking forward to some good pic's. I'll be trying to post a lot this winter.

Good luck!
    Claude
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

No line out for me tomorrow..work scheldule screws me of that. But when I return I will run a line up the glenn a ways, and a marten line somewhere up the parks. Happy trapping.

And work just called and needs me to work tomorrow. It always works out this way I am out of work for a couple weeks and as soon as I have fishing or hunting plans I get a call to go to work.

Good ol' work. I have to work tomorrow as well. Gonna be a long day! Work conveniently has a way of making fun things harder than they should be.

Depending on where I am, I bring a lil ruger 22 pistol or my super accurate 10/22. in the jeep I will have an '06 on me until bear season is over, my bow until Goat is over, and my shotgun with a couple boxes of steel shot until waterfowl is over. I'll be a walking driving arsenal!!

I pity the fool who messes with trappnguns during hunting season!

Just cause I'm a kid and I' homeschooled, Imma stay up till mid night and set part of my line HEHEHE I"M SO STINKING EXCITED
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Good luck, happy tapping and be safe fellas and gals. Looking forward to pictures and adventure stories already.
    I'm Pro-Pike.

Yep, good luck out there you guys, be careful, still punching through the ice in places here.

Made a few sets at midnight, dropped a #2 on a crossing path.. Sifted snow, hid the drag. Checked them opening morning and seen not very much new sign. Had a big cross fox I'm my #2, he went 10 yards and the drag hung him up. Great start to the season. Let em soak since. Tomorrow I hope to have a few dogs.