Thread: Best Propane Range

Default Best Propane Range

Installing propane range in the near future and wanted to ask about other's experiences. the size will be the smaller 20" range with an oven but there's several brands available.

1. Has anyone had good/bad luck with the quality of a particular brand?
    2. Best location to buy locally (ANC/Valley)?
    3. Any suggestions during the selection or installation process?

Thanks in advance!

We have a 24 inch Hotpoint, frrom Home Depot. I would not reccomend this one.

Go out on KGB Rd and talk with the folks at Stan's Appliance Shop. Tell them your needs and wants. They will fix you up. As you probably already know, there are only a few models out there, that don't need electricity to operate.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

I found one on CL for $75. I changed it from natural gas to propane but lived through 2 years of turning my pots black. Then I talked to the guy at Suburban propane and he told me the burners also need adjusted to convert to propane. Wish I knew that sooner! But easy to do and the thing has worked great ever since. Not sure what brand it is, I've owned a couple and there isn't much to go wrong with them. And Mine requires no electricity.

Another good one to try is Puffin Appliance Service they are behind Speedy Glass. He might even have something on hand. He is real good about answering your ques. I can't remember his name but just let the gals know that you want to talk to him. Good Luck

We have an Americana from Home Depot. It is the generic version of a GE. It does the job I suppose, but I'm not overly impressed. The oven pilot is a PITA to keep lit and the thermocouple bit the dust after only 3 or so years of use.

It was pretty cheap though.

Make sure whatever you get doesnt require electricity to operate. Or if you run off a generator, that it doesn have a "preheating" element that comes on. Alot of them have an electical element that comes on automatically when you use the oven. It will overload your generator and is useless IMO.

Suburban Propane down by the port sells basic propane stoves. Great service after the sale as well.

Thanks guys!