Thread: SAKO L57 Question...?

Default SAKO L57 Question...?

I have a early production of the SAKO L57. Not to be confused with the L579 which the original model was changed to after a few years of production. I have the .308 model. I am looking for the swivel hooks that attach the sling to the stock. I have the metal threaded metal inserts already inside the stock however I cannot find the swivel hooks. I have searched and contacted many shops and manufactures that deal in obsolete and rare gun parts and no one seems to even have record of having L57 parts in stock. I understand that there were only a little more than 10,000 made but i didn't think it would be this hard to find parts for them. any help finding this part would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

I have some of those. They are the same as the L579's. Is the stock fore end square? Do you need the screw and the press in nut?
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

These rifles came with non detachable sling eyes. They have a neat sling loop that attaches with a screw into the stock. The front has a pressed in stud pushed in from the inside of the fore end. The are metric thread and I have them and the sling eyes. The L57 was a short lived rifle so very few are in existence. They were made in 308 and 243. The L579 action was first used by Browning for their 308 length Safari rifles. These guns were stocked in Belgium in the Browning fashion. Also, I've seen the L57 rifles fitted with the L579 stocks.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

sorry it took me so long to respond, i broke my elbow. the stock fore end is not completely square. i have the screw/nut insert already installed in the stock. all i need are the swivel clips. do you know what the dimensions are of the swivel clip. did the orignal L57 clip differ from the L579? thanks for your help.

just read your other post. i guess what im looking for is the sling eyes for the L57 .308

would you be willing to part with a couple? how much would want for each?

thanks,

matt

curious if anyone has any new information on where I can find the sling eyes and swivels for the L57

Thanks,

Matt