Thread: Gmu 16

Default Gmu 16

Have been doing map recon of GMU 16 on Google, Question has any one hunted this area with good result i.e. put meat in freezer, will do Bow in 16A then rifle if no sucess. How access able by 4wheeler and foot ( not scared to walk) is it.

Any thoughts would be helpful or if you wish to share some secrets i wont tell no one except anyone who reads the forum.

what part of GMU 16a it is fairly large. i have a cabin in that unit and have taken a few moose but the ones i have taken have been in september.

Quote Originally Posted by weseod View Post
    Have been doing map recon of GMU 16 on Google, Question has any one hunted this area with good result i.e. put meat in freezer, will do Bow in 16A then rifle if no sucess. How access able by 4wheeler and foot ( not scared to walk) is it.

Any thoughts would be helpful or if you wish to share some secrets i wont tell no one except anyone who reads the forum.
    I kinda wish there was a smiley that had some popcorn!

When you say 16A bow, I'm guessing you're talking about Aug 10-17 moose? 16A is great habitat, and you may enjoy Aug 10-17 (I'd do some summer scouting first). By the time rifle season opens however it will be a zoo - Petersville road and all the trails off of the Parks will be heavily trafficked by 4 wheelers. A lot of the hunters are just zipping around at 50mph, not seeing much and making a Lot of noise.

ive bear baited up there around trapper creek for 2 years with out much success. I did a camping trip down petersville and it was packed with people who i assume were mostly scouting for moose. ive talked to a few guys who hunted it and didnt see any moose at all this year it sounds like its very heavy pressure and very swampy donw petersville for regular wheelers. However last summer during archery season there was 2 forked horn bulls standing off the shoulderr of the highway one nightr as i was driving through at work. I really wish i had loaded up my bow for that drive

Nope no moose here in 16A that early you will have better luck during rifle season

PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

very nice moose, hope to get one next season with my new bow. then go for rifle later thanks for input