Thread: Shrimping May 19th to 26th, PWS.

Default Shrimping May 19th to 26th, PWS.

I will be going bear hunting from May 19th to 26th. I have never been shrimping and would like to try it out. I plan on attending the seminar at the outdoor show next week and hopefully learn a few things. I also have been reading the many forums on this web site to get myself ready.

Question:

Is there a place that sells the total package? I want everything set up for me. All I want to do is dump it off the boat, wait X amount of hours, retrieve it, and then eat. This will more than likely be the only time I do this.

That being said what how much $$$ am I looking at spending to have a two pots setup?

Better yet is anyone going to be out there during these times and would like to barter for some shrimp? Bear meat for shrimp? If someone would allow me to harvest from there pots that would be great also, just tell me what kind of booze you want left in you pot.

Thanks

Donnelleys net loft off of potter has everything you need. Last year the pots were around 70 each. Not sure about the rest of the stuff.

Default Cost

Donnally's is good. You will spend about $800 for a 5 pot setup, especially if you buy enough rope to have 2 or 3 sets from your 5 pots. This is good if you are prospecting.

This doesn't include the puller if you want one.

Denny
    What-a-Day
    27' x 9.5' Glacier Craft - Volvo 300hp D4 Diesel
    Remember: Any fool can be uncomfortable.
    Denny

PM or email me and i can get you all set up.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

It's Donaldson's (or something similar), but I think that if you want the whole thing set up for you, you're going to have to pay for the convenience.

after you buy this set up for your one time use give me a resonable buy out of your gear as I will be looking to do some shrimping this season myself. pot builder has some nice gear from what I have seen I look forward to doing some buisness with him in the near future.

Thank You Mr Seawolf & wait till you see my new folding colapsable pot, i should have one ready for unveiling soon.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Quote Originally Posted by dtol View Post
    Donnally's
    Quote Originally Posted by homer View Post
    Donnelleys net loft
    Quote Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
    It's Donaldson's (or something similar)
    It's Donalson Company or Donalson's for short (both without the extra D). Google Donalson Company for more information.

I picked up some pots from the potbuilder recently. After looking at all the different designs I liked his the best. Now he is unveiling a new collapsable one after I just got these Seriously though he's a good guy and will help you out with any questions. Just don't repeat anything he says

plus one for potbuilder
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.