Thread: Nosler M48 TGR First Range Report - It is a shooter

Default Nosler M48 TGR First Range Report - It is a shooter

Started my load work this morning with my 7mm-08 for identifying a hunting load in the 140gr weight. Think I have one for this weight bullet. 140gr Accubond, Nosler brass, Fed 210 pirmer, W760, loaded with a Lee die.

First a few more pictures of the M48 TGR

Three shot group at 2803fps

I am really turned on by this rifle. All the targets I shot today using 140gr Accubond, 130gr Speer and 145gr Speer were all under an inch, also using these powders today, W760, Rl-17, H414, Bl-C2. I got 3077fps with the 130gr bullets using RL-17 and 2928fps using the 145gr Speer and RL-17 but accuracy was barely under an inch and extreme spread and deviation was unacceptable. All in all a very good day with lots more fun to be had with load work, but since I am so hard pressed for time, the 140gr Accubond will be used this season for my hunting.

I still have other bullets and powders that will be tested during the winter months from the end of January to May. The rifle shoots anything I put in it so this rifle will also let me be very picky about what loads I will accept.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Excellent! I knew you'd be happy with the M48...

Looks more than ready to do business.

Very sweet! I got a new 308 to play with a few weeks back but will be Feb or Mar before I get time and weather to play with it!
    Nice shooten!!!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

thanks guys
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Great rifle/caliber/scope combination for 99% of all US game. I'm wanting a 7mm-08! Question for you: Did you pick the weaver fixed 6 over a leupold 6x42 or any other fixed 6x for any special reason? I had a Weaver GS 4.75 fixed and really liked it. Also had Weaver GS 6x20 and LOVED it.
    I'm leaning toward a leupold 6x42 with the long range reticle.
    Thanks for sharing and those groups are tight.

She looks and shoots like a "beartooth" rifle. I pretty much expected it! Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by mt al View Post
    Great rifle/caliber/scope combination for 99% of all US game. I'm wanting a 7mm-08! Question for you: Did you pick the weaver fixed 6 over a leupold 6x42 or any other fixed 6x for any special reason? I had a Weaver GS 4.75 fixed and really liked it. Also had Weaver GS 6x20 and LOVED it.
    I'm leaning toward a leupold 6x42 with the long range reticle.
    Thanks for sharing and those groups are tight.
    Leupold FX 6x42 is a better scope than the Weaver 6x but not for the money spent is there that much difference and anyway, I had the Weaver 6x power new in a box and my Leupold 6x is on another rifle. Don't sell the Weaver short, it is a fantastic scope especially for the money.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Quote Originally Posted by Eastwoods View Post
    She looks and shoots like a "beartooth" rifle. I pretty much expected it! Nice.
    Very kind of you to say that, but I think the Nosler M48 TGR compliments Beartooth's shooting and reloading and we make for a good pair indeed.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS