Thread: Grizzly tracks....

Default Grizzly tracks....

While putting out marten sets and scanning for tracks....I stopped..grizzly tracks, fresh. While armed, no sense looking for trouble in dense spruce and alders...Tanana River near the mouth of the Little Salcha. The bear moved east...I moved south.

It raises a question for me. Do bears that stay out late ever damage sets.

I was gonna post the same thing. Was out calling friday and a grizz popped across an open area about 400 yards away. Only had the AR-15 with me had to go home and change my drawers. I figured they would be sleeping already since we have had a few days well below zero but I guess they are still hungry. So be careful out there and take a bigger gun!

I was following what I thought were a set of womens small snow shoe prints in about 4 inches of snow about this time last year and realized after about 100 yards the snow shoes had HUGE claws!

F&G officer told me they have released brown bears in late November from large foot hold traps down here on the peninsula in the past.

I have a story on here of coming face to face with a browny at the end of November. It destroyed my bait pile burying it....

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ght=brown+bear
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Brownies are still out around Anchorage. Fresh (9"w 13"l) tracks in the newly fallen snow on Sunday morning, November 13.

Saw large set of brown bear tracks up on the Rex trail Nov. 2nd just after dark. UTV broke down 12 mles from base camp. As we were walking back to base came, noticed bear tacks ontop of our UTV tracks. Tracks had to be from 15 minutes to aproxomatly 4 hours old. We didn't have weapon with us only headlamps and blood soaked bids. Glad Bear was taveling opposite dirrection as us. Guessing the bear would have went around 8'. Their out

Glad to see the grizzly tracks have been replaced with moose racks...cow and calf. warmed up to -30F..beautiful day.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2488.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	55168

Brand new brown bear tracks through my yard today (Nov 20). Neighbor called me to let me know he'd seen some new ones and heard of a shed break in by a bear a couple days ago.

I was running my line in Juneau a few years back, I was armed with a 22 mag pistol and came across some giant griz tracks in my trail. The mutt followed me up my trail in the dark and turned off my trail when I came back. I carried my mini 14 from that point on, I figured if he gave challenged me I could rip him a new one with 20 rounds.