Thread: need someone to tow 28-30ft trailer to homer

Charterboat Operator kodiakcombo's Avatar

Default need someone to tow 28-30ft trailer to homer

willing to pay for gas to homer from anc and ferry to kodiak, anyone interested?
    Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
    www.kodiakcombos.com

Not that I wish to give you a hard time, but who in their right mind would want to: put 500 miles on their vehicle...not to mention the day or maybe two or more this exercise would consume...in winter road conditions...for gas money?

Quote Originally Posted by Garyak View Post
    Not that I wish to give you a hard time, but who in their right mind would want to: put 500 miles on their vehicle...not to mention the day or maybe two or more this exercise would consume...in winter road conditions...for gas money?
    I'm open for suggestions, how about a Kodiak Combo? deer, fox, ducks, winter king trip?
    www.kodiakcombos.com

when do you need this done i will be making a trip empty home i live in soldotna in a week or so we could work somthing out if that time frame will work for ya what kinda trailer is it? i can pull a gooseneck 5th wheel or bumper pull i have a one dually dodge

Quote Originally Posted by rmk4x4 View Post
    when do you need this done i will be making a trip empty home i live in soldotna in a week or so we could work somthing out if that time frame will work for ya what kinda trailer is it? i can pull a gooseneck 5th wheel or bumper pull i have a one dually dodge
    caulkins boat trailer 26ft long, (no boat) 2 5/16 inch ball hitch, bring to Kodiak ASAP or put on ferry to Kodiak, seems it work out great for someone to bring it to Kodiak and combine the run with a huntin trip with me.
    www.kodiakcombos.com

wonder what it costs to get a truck down there and back on ferry never done it before but next week somtime i could get it down to homer for sure dont know what days the ferry goes on is this a new trailer or used?

Quote Originally Posted by rmk4x4 View Post
    wonder what it costs to get a truck down there and back on ferry never done it before but next week somtime i could get it down to homer for sure dont know what days the ferry goes on is this a new trailer or used?
    used, ferry schedule is on www.akferry.org
    www.kodiakcombos.com

If I was going hunting next weekend id bring all the way just to go hunting. If you haven't got. Someone by frist of dec. Ill do it for ya. Thanks mike.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Quote Originally Posted by Garyak View Post
    The kind of person that was going to Homer or Kodiak anyway and would not mind getting there gas paid for to make the trip. If I was not on the slope I would do it, sorry.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

I'd do it in a hot second for a chance for a trip w/ Kodiakcombo. I don't really want to take my truck to Kodiak, I wonder if they would let the trailer go unaccompanied, a truck could be waiting in Kodiak to off load it?

I'm taking a poll
    <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    I'd do it in a hot second for a chance for a trip w/ Kodiakcombo. I don't really want to take my truck to Kodiak, I wonder if they would let the trailer go unaccompanied, a truck could be waiting in Kodiak to off load it?
    Pretty sure it can go unaccompanied.
    www.kodiakcombos.com

It can go unaccompanied. You just have to have someone at the other end pull it off, otherwise they will charge you for any trips it takes prior to being pulled off. I did this same thing when I had a trailer shipped from Juneu to Haines.

check your pm's.

ferry to kodiak booked for vehicles on the 10th, but have reservations for trailer on the 13th if I find someone to tow it to homer. Thanks to all those who just cant make those dates but would if they could!
    www.kodiakcombos.com

What time does the ferry leave homer on the 13th? If nobody else steps up I could probably help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by logman 49 View Post
    What time does the ferry leave homer on the 13th? If nobody else steps up I could probably help you out.
    yeah me too, pm me if you're in a bind and I'll drag it down there for you. I have no reason to go to Homer till I meet you down there for the king derby this spring but this could be insurance to make sure that happens

I'm taking a poll
    <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

Quote Originally Posted by logman 49 View Post
    ferry departs at 1030pm on the 13th Nov
    www.kodiakcombos.com

Did you find a solution?