Thread: Fairbanks

Default Fairbanks

Yep! I'm changing zip codes. I'll be moving to Fairbanks for a new job starting in December.

I hear the bird hunting is better up north and I've lived in the Mat-Su 28-years. A change is in order.

We are looking for a place to rent or caretake that will accommodate two people and an 8-month old french brittney (32 pounds). We need a place that will allow a dog and has a flush toilet.

We would like to buy a place eventually.

Suggestions, contacts, ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

Flush toilets in Fairbanks? Are you joking? Could it be true?

Seriously, I'll keep a watch for you. And welcome to the Golden Heart of Alaska!

Jim

Welcome to Alaska!
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by mit View Post
    Welcome to Alaska!

hahahahahaha...come on, it's kind of like Alaska down here too.

Quote Originally Posted by TMCKEE View Post
    hahahahahaha...come on, it's kind of like Alaska down here too.

Well ok if you don't have nat gas and cable.... it would be kind of like Alaska
    Tim

True enough on the Alaska comments. Thank you for the welcome!!

I lived 10 miles out of Skwentna for 5 winters at my homesite cabin in the 80's. Loved it. Always got a legal moose, plenty of wood to cut, chain saw milling boards, salmon big time, pike, ducks, grouse, idita-sports and great fun building my place and living the dream! I kept the place and moved to town and have been here since 89. I still go out to the "homestead" but not as much. I got to fight fire for 27 years all over AK, MT & ID - mostly in Alaska. Loved leading crews fighting fire. Guided for 20 years each fall & most springs, the last 10 of as a registered guide with my own business. Fun stuff mostly until of late ...

So NOW we just settled on a town house off College that should close soon and we will be in it by December. It has a fenced back yard just perfect for our two dogs and a front yard (?) of gravel (perfect!). If I get lonesome for chores I can always go back to Meadow Lakes and help the kids or go out to the homestead (yep!). This little townhouse should work just fine for concentrating on BIRD HUNTING!!!

WOW!!! I get to look pretty good too, because my wife won't have to put up with a dry cabin or an outhouse (been there done that). And every summer we'll just paraquat the front yard and GO FISHING OR TRAIN THE DOG!!!! AND my wife has a hot tub WOW!!! (I could give seminars for you younger guys but my early years would ruin my testimony)...

welcome to the neighborhood. i live not to far from ya . if ya need a hunting partner look me up . i love Brittanys and miss mine

Quote Originally Posted by akfishcrazy View Post
    welcome to the neighborhood. i live not to far from ya . if ya need a hunting partner look me up . i love Brittanys and miss mine
    Thanks! I'll do that. Started work but the house closing is dragging on and on, hope to close soon. Living in a hotel. Gotta toe the line here for while till we get moved in. It'll make life with my wife much easier....