Thread: Bunny boots?

Default Bunny boots?

Is there a "regular" store in the anchorage or valley area that sells bunny boots? Would like to try and track down a pair or two tomorrow if possible.

I know 6th ave outfitters used to. Can't remember if I saw any last winter or not. Make sure they're Bata's if they have some. What size you need?

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Is there a "regular" store in the anchorage or valley area that sells bunny boots? Would like to try and track down a pair or two tomorrow if possible.
    There is a guy on the Parks Highway as you head out of Wassila that sells them.

Directly North (70 yards?) of micky dee's on the Parks in Wasilla there is a banner sign that goes up every winter (they just put it back up a week ago) for bunny boots. Is it at NAPA? I forget.

Also, as mentioned, not so "regular" but one of the shacks in "cadillac row" in meadow lakes (right on the Parks in front of 3bears) has a trailer full of them with a sign hangin' out. Not to hijack too far, but I heard that this row of shacks (a local "landmark") will shortly be history; any truth to that?

Quote Originally Posted by littleman81 View Post
    There is a guy on the Parks Highway as you head out of Wassila that sells them.
    Pretty sure that's why he stated "regular" store. Respect my Authoritie!! hehe Been wanting to say that ever since I saw your avatar

I am a 12.5 but usually end up with a 12 or 13 depending on if they run big or small. Never tried on bunny boots so don't know how they will fit.

Oh boy.....best of luck finding those sizes when you're short on time. You never needed bunny boots in the sandbox?

NAPA in Palmer has a sign that shows they also sell 'bunny boots'.

Make sure you get the real ones.

Hope they are the real deal. The have a us mil contract number stamped inside. Napa in Palmer had them so thanks for the heads up on that!!

Hey LuJon,

What do they look like? Mind posting a pic?

Thanks,
    Grizz
    "What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk? --Jack Handy

Not as good if the sole and back of heel don't say Bata. A few different brands were built for the military. Not all were equal.

5th ave outfiters. Has the black ones lots in stocks
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Quote Originally Posted by mod elan View Post
    Not as good if the sole and back of heel don't say Bata. A few different brands were built for the military. Not all were equal.
    Exactly. The cheaper ones, from my experience, seem to 'shred' on the inside after steady use. Just don't seem to hold up that good.

The guy at the shop said they were made by Honeywell. No Bata markings. Been wearing them most of the day (posting this from up Hatcher) and they are very warm. We will see how they hold up. Thanks again for all the info!

Its not old enough for bunny boots yet!

napa in big lake has em, I always get them from the guy at mile 49 by all those little cabins. I like to support the little guys.

BTW, I wear size 13 sneakers, size 12 boots, and my (black) bunny boots are 11 wide (I have an overly wide foot) and they have a little wiggle room on the sides and the front.
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.