Thread: Plow?

Default Plow?

Well as the snow begins to fall here in anchorage I find myself without a plow for either four wheeler. Had one we thought might have worked by the grizzly was two inches wider than the plow itself.

My question is, where in anchorage can I buy a plow for a yamaha grizzly 660 or 700?

I assume you have tried Anch. Yamaha over off Spenard right?
    Maybe Alaska snowmobile salvage has a used one that will work.
    BK

Might be hard to find one local. 2 years ago I went with Cabelas on this model for my 700 griz: http://www.cabelas.com/product/Auto-...3Bcat104770980 Plus, 5 dollar shipping if act soon. I moved alot snow with that blade. Only complaint was that I had to replace the "J" breakaway bolt with a "U" bolt. Not too bad. I used it with a Warn winch and it never failed. It made it from Cabelas to Chugiak in 8 days. Hope this helps. CDM

i fixed my grizzly up with a warn provantage front mount system from 6 roblies they had to order it but it was only 500 or so and its much higher quality than the ones i saw at atv shops locally imho. plus they had a 50 dollar rebate which warn somehow never gave me

I bought my warn provantage for my grizzly at yamaha on spendard. was quick and easy. paid 499

#3 for Warn Provantage on a Grizz 450. Bought it from Yamaha on spenard, but had to turn a steel lifting point because the plastic thing on there snapped the first time I lifted it up. Everything else is real beefy and easily adjustable shoe height. Get a chunk of Amsteel from B&J's to lift it with so you don't beat up your summer time winch cable.

I think my grandpa got one for our honda at 6 roblees
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

For those of you with a Provantage plow, have you noticed that at full angle (in either direction) the blade does not lay flat on the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by MORSNO View Post
    For those of you with a Provantage plow, have you noticed that at full angle (in either direction) the blade does not lay flat on the ground?
    Yes I do notice that. But I kind of didn't pay very much attention because my driveway isn't the most level area to plow

Quote Originally Posted by fishingyoda View Post
    Yes I do notice that. But I kind of didn't pay very much attention because my driveway isn't the most level area to plow
    Thanks for the reply. I can't figure out why it does that, it's fine straight and at the partial angle. You would think the weight of the blade would keep it down level no matter how it's angled.

I'm looking to get one, what's a good brand, especially for used?

Warn and Cycle Country seem to have the most dealer support up here. Trailercraft is the major supplier of Warn products.