Thread: Another bad taxidermist

Default Another bad taxidermist

It seems there plenty of these threads to go around but I've been burned by a taxidermist. Please beware of *********** taxidermy. I'm sure the mods will remove the name but PM me if you want the name. He's had a black bear of mine for 18 months and a grizzly for 15 months + $400. Prices seemed good and I saw some of his work and it looked good. I've been trying to get ahold of this guy for 2 months he won't answer any of my phone calls. I've been out to his house trying to get ahold of him just trying to get my stuff back. There is fresh tracks in the snow so I know he is still around somewhere. I called the troopers about it, and they said there is nothing they could do because it's a civil matter.

This whole thing just makes me sick but I'm kind of at the point now where I think I'm just screwed and I'll never see my hides again. Any advice on another step would sure be appreciated.
    Last edited by Brian M; 11-05-2011 at 13:54. Reason: negative comments about businesses prohibited

Park at his house blocking his driveway and wait.....he has to show up sometime. He'll have no choice but to get out and talk.

At least put in a complaint to the BBB.

Good luck and sorry to hear it.

(I like 323's 1st idea better though. You know they sell this stuff called Tannerite, ignites from a distance away with a rifle shot, pretty impressive stuff!)
    BK

If you get your hides back, you can mail em to me if ya wish. I answer my phone and you will have your bears on your wall by next summer. Sorry to hear about your poor experience.

Several members on here have had me do their work. From all over the state. North pole isn't too far away.

Hoytguy

+1 for hoytguy... Great communication and besides I know where be works at

+2 for Hoytguy, Jesse is his name and he's the real deal and working on a great taxidermy operation.

Jeese, I appreciate the offer, and I've seen some of your reviews and I know your legit. Unfortunately, our great uncle sam is sending me out of here in Feb. so I'm going to take my stuff with me. On a good note, Uncle sam was nice enough to give me orders to Montana, if I can't be in AK, MT seems to be the next best place.

Thanks for your guys support on here.

Helmuth,
    As the troopers told you, this is a civil matter. So pursue it in small claims court. I have never personally filed a claim in small claims court, but read in to it once on the Alaska court website and it is very possible for a layman like you or I to file a small claims case for a minimal fee. If you have the time and depending on the evidence (hopefully you have a signed agreement, copy of personal check for deposit, etc.) you may find it worth your time to pursue. It may be the case that when he gets served papers, he may either give you your trophies back or finish them for you. It would at least get his attention and maybe bring you some satisfaction. Good luck.